Commonly asked questions about campus cards

View our Campus Card FAQS if you have any questions or concerns about obtaining or using your card.

You will be able to order a Campus Card once you have accepted your offer and enrolled in units. Please note it may take a few hours for you to be able to log into CaptureMe after enrolling.

Contact Service Connect for assistance.

After uploading your photo to CaptureMe, please check your Macquarie University student email account for an email from CaptureMe advising the status of your request. If your photo has not been approved, you will need to upload a new photo. You can find tips for providing an acceptable photo under "How do I get a Campus Card?" in the section above.

Once your photo is approved, the next step is to order and pay for your replacement Campus Card by following the links under "Replacements cards" in the section below.

Note: if you wish to use your existing photo, you can simply order and pay for a replacement Campus Card without uploading a new photo to CaptureMe.

Find out more about how to update your personal details.

Once your personal details have been updated, if you wish to order a replacement Campus Card, please contact Service Connect before ordering to discuss your options.

Yes. If you have a preferred name in eStudent (Students) or Workday (Staff), it will appear on the front of your campus card, while your legal name will be printed on the back. Without a preferred name entered, your legal name will be printed on both sides of the campus card.

If you are taking a break from your studies, your card will remain ‘inactive’ until you are next enrolled in units.

If you require specific building access, please visit the building access page for more information.

No, you do not need a new Campus Card if you are continuing on to a postgraduate coursework degree. Your existing card will become ‘active’ again once you are enrolled into units under your new degree, and if eligible, your card will be automatically coded for swipe access to the Library’s postgraduate study space.

If you are a postgraduate research student, you may require a new Campus Card if you have been issued a Staff ID.

No, you don't need two separate cards. Once you become a staff member you can request a staff campus card through Capture Me, then visit Service Connect to collect your card once ready. Both your student and staff OneID will appear on your new card.

Contact the IT Service Desk.

You will not have access to the Library with your existing student Campus Card. You will need to request an alumni card via the Library page.

Service Connect