Professional opportunities for students and recent graduates
At Macquarie, it’s our goal to provide genuine career advice to help prepare you for the dynamic workplaces of today and tomorrow.
Start your career with Employability Connect
Employability Connect offers job opportunities and career resources that can help you find paid employment and develop your professional skills while you study and after you graduate.
Macquarie University's Careers and Student Employment offers non-academic, career-related advice, consultation and support services to all current students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate.
We aim to help students:
- research organisations and opportunities
- search and apply for jobs
- prepare application documents
- acquire the skills and experience they need to get career-ready.
If you require help with your resume or job application, you can book a consult or coaching session with one of our expert Career Coaches through Employability Connect.
You can now also visit us at Learning Connect for expert advice on your career or writing/study needs. Delivered by Employability & Graduate Success and The Writing Centre, we can help you with job searching, resume writing, interview preparation and preparing for your PACE placement, as well as develop your academic writing, communication, English Language and study skills. We're located in 18 Wally's Walk on the ground floor and to the left of Service Connect. We are open from Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm during S1 and S2, and 10am-3pm during the breaks.
Careers and Student Employment services
Information about our services and online resources can be accessed via CareerWISE. Here you can access:
- MyMQ Career Zone for tools and information to assist you with resumes, cover letter, interviews, LinkedIn, and much more.
- CV360 for instant online resume reviews.
- Employability Connect.
- Search and apply for jobs including casual, part-time and full-time roles as well as internships, graduate programs, volunteer roles and even jobs at Macquarie.
- Join the Macquarie Student Employment (MQSE) job ready club, which facilitates paid employment opportunities on and off campus by providing employers targeted access to talented students.
- Book one-to-one Zoom or face-to-face appointments with Careers Advisors and join workshops on topics including resumes, interviews, job search, LinkedIn and more.
- Attend careers events and networking opportunities, including industry-specific presentations, fairs, and seminars.
If you graduated over 12 months ago you might be interested in the following services.:
- Career Advantage MQ Program - a career assessment and feedback service delivered by MQ Master of Organisational Psychology Provisional Psychologists under the supervision of Organisational Psychologists. This service includes evidence-based assessments to help you understand your key strengths and motivators and a feedback session to support your future career planning.
- Career Development Association of Australia which can give you a listing of services offered by commercial career practitioners.
Many employers, including graduate employers, have replaced face-to-face recruitment processes with online interviews and assessment centres.
You can prepare for online interviews using this Interview Simulator.
Start your job search on these Job Search Sites with no criteria except for your location. Keep an open mind and consider where you may be able to use your transferable skills, even if this is for a short-term role.
The following links provide information on the labour market and opportunities available:
Careers and Student Employment is here to help you navigate your way to success. Find out more on Employability Connect.