If you are affected by events happening in Australia and around the world, support is here for you.
- TalkCampus app is a free online peer support community for Macquarie students. It provides access to support any time of day, anywhere in the world, in multiple languages.
- MQWellbeing app is free to download and provides information, tools and resources to help you manage your wellbeing. The app includes key emergency contacts on campus.
- Lifeline Australia provide telephone counselling via their 24hr Crisis Support Line : 13 11 14
as well as chat or text options
- Mensline Australia provide a 24/7 free telephone and online counselling service for Australian men : 1300 78 99 78
Racism and unwanted behaviour
You can request support from our Student Wellbeing Team by submitting an online CARE report.
Find out more about emotional support at Student Wellbeing. You can also contact the GP Service at MQ Health.
If you are located outside of Australia, mental health support contacts are listed on our Offshore student support page.
Your course work
Whether you are on campus or off campus, there are many academic support options available to you. Sign up for workshops or seek help with your assignments with services such as the Writing Centre, study skills, numeracy support or drop in to Learning Connect. You can also talk to your teaching staff about whatever is affecting your study and they can refer you to services that can provide you with support.
Withdrawing from units
If you are affected by events out of your control and are unable to continue your studies you can withdraw according to these key dates and processes.
If you need to withdraw outside of these key dates, you can apply for withdrawal without academic or financial penalty from your units. This means that you will not have a fail recorded for the unit, and you can apply for a tuition fee refund. To do this:
- Apply for withdrawal
- As part of this withdrawal application you can provide a personal statement which gives information about why you need to withdraw because of events happening around you
- if you have supporting documentation to use in this application for withdrawal, we encourage you to supply it
Unable to submit assessments
If you are unable to complete your assessments at the time they are due for submission please submit a Special Consideration request.
Taking time off from study
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to events around you, you can apply for grants and loans to assist with your studies. If you have questions about loans and grants, please contact Student Wellbeing by making a CARE report.
We're here for you
If you don’t know what to do, or where to start, submit an online CARE report and our Student Wellbeing Team will help you access support services.
International students can also email email@example.com for support from our International Student Engagement Officer.