Improve the student learning experience for your unit
Unit Representatives play an important role in improving units and enhancing students' learning experience.
Applications for Unit Representative (Unit Rep) positions in Session 1, 2021 for the Business School will be open in January 2021.
Unit Reps work in teams to gain student feedback on important aspects of their units, including:
- learning and teaching experiences.
This feedback is communicated to unit convenors in two written reports each semester.
- are more engaged with the unit
- have an increased awareness on the teaching and learning process
- improve their interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- become more confident in responding to feedback in a professional manner.
Students who successfully complete the program will also be eligible:
- for 10 points of Global Leadership Program experiential credit
- for recognition on their AHEGS, as an additional achievement relating to both curricular and co-curricular activity
- to receive a written reference
- to apply for a Department Representative role.
Department Representatives meet with senior academic staff to provide feedback on issues important to students and are the student representative for the Learning & Teaching Committee.
You should apply if you:
- would like to become a better communicator
- have a motivation to make a positive impact.
The Student Representative Program is a great way to become more involved in university and to give a voice to the students. You will develop your teamwork, report writing, public speaking and leadership abilities through participating in this program.
Students enrolled in the units that have been selected to be part of the program will receive an email to apply.
You can also check your unit’s iLearn announcements to determine if your unit is part of the program for the semester.
For more information, contact the Student Representative Coordinator: