International student career support
Dedicated career support for international students to help develop their employability, professional skills, and get them job-ready for Australia and overseas.
Career and Employment Service
Whether you’re studying in Australia or online with us in 2022, the Career and Employment Service offers a range of services and resources to support your career development.
Student employment service
MQ Student Employment Service (MQSE) helps students become job-ready and facilitates paid employment opportunities on and off campus.
Online career resources
- Employability Connect is an online jobs board exclusively for Macquarie students. You can use the appointment booking system and events management tool to register and participate in virtual workshops, employer presentations and other activities.
- CV360 is an online tool you can use anytime, anywhere, to get general feedback from state-of-the-art software on your resume and more tailored feedback from a careers advisor.
- MyMQ Career Zone is a video and tutorial library linked to your Employability Connect account. It features videos on everything from resume writing to interviewing and career planning.
Professional development opportunities at Macquarie
- Volunteering will increase your employability and give you a good first taste of the Australian work environment.
- Global Leadership Program (GLP) is a co-curricular program that can be undertaken alongside any course at Macquarie. With a focus on cross-cultural understanding, leadership, international issues, innovation, and entrepreneurship the GLP provides you with the knowledge, skills and networks you’ll need to advance in your professional and personal lives.
- MQ Incubator aims to provide all students with entrepreneurial experience and an opportunity to engage across disciplinary, social, and cultural boundaries.
- The English Speaking Club (ESC) program is designed to help international students enhance their employability skills while they practise their spoken English.
- Join a student society to develop your transferable skills and build social and professional networks.
- Check currently available positions with Campus Life – Macquarie University over the summer break.
Finding work after graduation
If you are thinking of returning home after graduation, please consider the following resources to find jobs overseas:
NSW Summer Engagement Program
Study NSW's Summer Program aims to inspire, connect and support international students with free or low-cost events and activities during the summer. Please kindly assist us by promoting on your social media channels by sharing these posts:
Remember to check your visa conditions on the Visa Entitlement Verification Online System called VEVO before applying.
Farm Jobs Connect
Farm Jobs Connect is a Study NSW partner project, linking international students in NSW with part-time or short-term harvest work in the Hunter and Central West regions of NSW. This is a great opportunity to travel, live and work in regional NSW, make friends and help Aussie farmers.
Job search engines
There are also several Job Search Engines in Australia which you can check out:
Read our student blogs to learn more about how you can land work as an international student.