Remote printing with iPrint
iPrint allows printing from your preferred application to any iPrint location on campus. It's easy to collect your documents – just tap your campus card at any iPrint machine.
Get support setting up and using iPrint, Macquarie's convenient printing service, with our step-by-step videos and guides below.
How to print online
View our step by step tutorial on how to print online below.
Manage your balance
View our step by step tutorial on how to manage your printing balance below.
Register your campus card for iPrint
If you are a new student or if you have got a new replacement campus card, you will need to follow the steps below to activate your card for iPrint:
If you just had your card printed from Service Connect, you will need to wait a day before you can activate your card for iPrint. You may still print without using a card:
- Click the 'Log in' button on the printer screen
- Type in your OneID and password, your print job should be there.
To activate your card for iPrint:
- Tap your campus card to an iPrint printer.
- Manually enter your Student ID and OneID password onto the printer screen.
- Your card is now activated.
If it says your password is incorrect, double-check the caps lock and confirm that you have typed in the correct password.
If you have incorrectly entered your password multiple times, your OneID account could be locked. You will need to wait 20 minutes for your account to be unlocked automatically, or you may unlock it from the OneID password change portal.
Remove a OneID from your campus card
If you have accidentally linked someone else’s OneID account with your card, complete the following steps:
- Log a OneHelp ticket and provide the following information:
- Mobile number
- Fill in the corresponding fields with the information from this sample template:
- Printing services request: Ask a question
- Request subject: Wrong account linked to student card
- Request description: I have accidentally linked my friend's account to my student card. My student card barcode number is: xxxxxxxxxxx. My friend's OneID is xxxxxxxx. Please assist me with unlinking the wrong account.
- After you submit the request, the Service Desk will unlink the account and you will then be able to register again.
How to set up and use iPrint
- Windows installer (MQ owned device)
- Windows BYOD installer (for your personal device)
- Setup iPrint as your default printer (Windows 7)
- Setup iPrint as your default printer (Windows 10)
- macOS Printer Driver
iPrint on macOS
When entering your credential for authentication on a Mac, you must put mqauth\ in front of your student ID number to avoid a 'pending authentication' prompt.
iPrint on Windows 10
Download the Windows installer for your personal device.
iPrint on Smart Device
You can go to https://iprint.mq.edu.au and submit your print jobs online.
iPrint over email
You can send documents to the iPrint server by completing the following:
- Create a new email from your Macquarie mailbox, address to email@example.com, and attach the documents you wish to print.
- Send the email.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate the attachment(s) have been successfully queued.
- Log into any of the iPrint machines to collect your documents.
iPrint printers can be found in the following locations:
All student access:
- 18 Wally's Walk
- Library all levels
- 17 Wally's Walk – Digital Lounge
Restricted student access:
- MQBS Labs – rooms 102, 118, 206, 208, 214 and 306
- Macquarie University College – rooms 167, 168, 169 and 170
- Library on all levels
- 17 Wally’s Walk, room 218
How to print your documents
- Tap your campus card on the reader or enter your OneID credentials and press 'login'.
- Select "iPrint" from the menu
- Your print jobs will appear in the 'Waiting' queue. You can also view your past print jobs in the 'Printed' queue.
- Select your preferences in 'Basic Settings': You can change the basic settings for any print by selecting the gear icon next to your job. Selecting the star icon will save your job to 'Favorites'.
- Press the 'Print' button start printing.
- Once you finish printing, select 'Exit' on the touchscreen to log out.
Check your iPrint Balance
You can always check your iPrint balance by logging into https://iprint.mq.edu.au.
Cost of printing
|A4 (Single-sided)||A4 (Two-sided)||A3 (Single-sided)||A3 (Two-sided)|
|Black and White||$0.11||$0.22||$0.22||$0.44|
|Colour||$0.50 – Special Offer||$1.00||$1.00||$2.00|
Incorrect charges for Black and White prints
There is a known issue where you may be prompted incorrect charges for black and white (B&W) pages.
However, the charge will not occur until the print job has been completed and your balance will only be charged for what has been printed.
As long as you have chosen to print B&W and the printout is B&W, you will only be charged for printing as B&W.
You can check your balance at the top right-hand corner of the printer screen.