Get instant resume feedback
Your resume is usually what makes it or breaks it during the interim screening stages. Get instant advice on your resume using our free online tool, CV360.
CV360 gives you tailored feedback on your resume and tips on how it can be improved. It provides feedback in relation to your resume's:
CV360 also provides resume advice, employer insight and best practice tips.
- To access the tool, make sure you have a resume ready.
- If not, consider attending a Resume and Cover Letter Essentials Workshop or completing an online module or using the CV Builder to create your resume.
- Once your document is complete, simply upload it in word format to CV360.
- Wait a few minutes for your rating and feedback.
- Assess the feedback and make the necessary changes. You can re-submit your resume for another rating.
- If you have reached a score of 85 per cent or above and are still looking for guidance, you can submit your resume through CV360 for a personalised review by a Careers Advisor.
Should I upload my resume in Word or PDF format?
We recommend uploading the Word version of your resume. It is more difficult for the system to read a PDF version which means you won't get the detailed feedback you need to improve.
What do the scores and colours mean?
- Green: a score of 85 and above means your resume has many of the key elements.
- Yellow: a score between 51 and 84 means your resume is missing a number of the key elements.
- Red: a score of 50 or less means your resume is missing a lot of the key elements. You will need to incorporate the feedback to improve your score and overall resume.
What is each section worth?
- File: 9 per cent
- Presentation: 13 per cent
- Structure: 18 per cent
- Content: 40 per cent
- Skills: 4 per cent
- Language: 16 per cent
Can I download the feedback?
You can print the feedback or download it as a PDF:
- Click on each section so that the feedback is visible.
- Click on the print icon on the top right of the screen to print or save.
Can I edit inside CV360 in real time?
No, you need to open both the program and your resume separately to incorporate the feedback.
Does CV360 check my spelling and grammar?
Yes, but we would still recommend you ask someone else to read through it for a final check.
What do the 'Dismissed' headings in the feedback mean?
Feedback can be dismissed by you if you think the feedback is not relevant or inaccurate for any reason. As soon as you dismiss any of the feedback, your overall score will be updated.
Can I resubmit my resume?
Yes, note however there is a 'fair use' policy and repeated resubmissions will lead to a warning on the system.
My resume has a high score on CV360. Why haven't I been contacted for an interview?
CV360 doesn't know the specific role you are applying for, so it cannot provide feedback on how effectively your resume is responding to the selection criteria. Before applying for a role, ensure you are clearly addressing the selection criteria on your resume.