Student Advocacy and Support Services can help you to understand policy and procedure at the university and to put forward strong applications.
Areas that we work with you include – but are not limited to:
- Student Visa Information
Connect with an Advocate
When connecting with our service, you will be allocated to a Student Advocate, who will manage your case until completion. We look forward to engaging with you.
To connect with Advocacy, please complete the Request for Help - Student Advocacy and Support Form. Once you have completed the form, your responses will be assessed and you will be contacted as soon as possible. If you do have an urgent matter, your case will be assessed for urgency, so please state the nature of urgency in the form.
Phone: (02) 9850 6410 [Student Connect]
18 Wally's Walk, Level 2 MUSE
North Ryde NSW 2109
Office opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 9:30am to 5:30pm (excluding public holidays).
What we can do
- Provide feedback on your complaint or appeal
- Support you at a hearing meeting or in preparation to attend a hearing
- Join you as a support person at meetings you may be required to attend with University staff members
- Guide you through university process and procedures
- Help manage your expectations regarding your options available
- Link you with relevant policy
- Liaise with departments across the University on your behalf
- Refer you to other support services within the university and externally
- Clarify Student Visa rules
- Support and monitor the welfare of younger students under the care of the University
- Support you in the preparation of documentation for applications
- Review supporting evidence and make recommendations for additional information that can be included
What we can't do
- Write your complaint or appeal
- Guarantee an outcome. We are not decision-makers nor do we possess the authority to determine your outcome
- Provide academic advice
- Meet with third parties (agents, parents, friends, etc.) to discuss your situation. Contact us directly by phone or email if you are unable to come in for an appointment.
- Provide supporting documentation for applications.
- Write letters of support
If you would like to make a complaint about the Student Advocacy service, or provide feedback about the service, you can contact the Manager of Student Advocacy. Please email your concerns to email@example.com with 'Attention Advocacy Manager' in the subject line.
You are also welcome to lodge a formal complaint online. Please see the Student Complaints website for more information.
Complaints are treated in accordance to the University complaint procedure.
Need assistance understanding the Grade Appeal policy?
Have a look at our Grade Expectations Online Workshop Presentation (through Prezi). Topics covered include:
- Seeking feedback
- Grounds for a Grade Appeal
- How to lodge a Grade Appeal
- Dealing with disappointment
- Available support services
You can also review the Guide to Grade Appeal below.
If you require further information or support, please complete the Request for Help - Student Advocacy and Support Form.