Free Microsoft Office subscription
See below for instructions on how to access your subscription and installation during your studies at Macquarie.
Microsoft for Students provides Macquarie University students access to digital downloads of the Microsoft Office Suite for free on up to five PCs and five mobile devices, including Windows, macOS, iOS and Android.
If you are currently enrolled, you have been automatically granted the full license of Microsoft 365 with your student email address.
Install the full version of Microsoft Office
To install the full version of Microsoft Office on your computer(s):
- Go to the Office 365 portal.
- Log in with your student email address and OneID password.
- On the top right-hand corner, click 'Install Office' and follow the instruction to install the latest version of Microsoft 365.
Deactivate an installation
If you have installed Microsoft 365 on more than five devices and you now need to install it on the sixth device, you may deactivate one of the previous installations to free up a license for this new installation.
- Log in to Office 365 portal.
- Click on 'Settings' on the top right of the window.
- Click on 'Update contact' preferences and then choose 'Apps & Devices' on the left pane of the new window.
- Expand 'Devices' within the Office section and you may see the list of devices that you have installed the Office apps on.
- You may sign out the ones you would like to deactivate. You can also reinstall or reactivate the license on these devices when needed.
Finishing or discontinuing study
Once you have graduated or discontinue your University study, your Microsoft 365 license will be removed. It is your responsibility to make your own arrangement to backup and transfer documents and files stored in OneDrive and Sharepoint to a suitable storage device or to another online storage environment by that time.
If you wish to continue to have the right to continue to use Microsoft 365, you will need to make your own arrangements to purchase and/or subscribe to Microsoft 365.
Visit Microsoft for further assistance.