Develop key employability skills
Participants in the Transition to Work Program will enhance their employability, kick-start their career and maximise their potential.
This activity was:
- approved to be recognised on AHEGS as of April 2018. No retrospective recognition will be made prior to this approval date.
- previously called "Professional Development Program"
AHEGS qualification criteria
Students (final and penultimate year, both local and international, across all disciplines and faculties) enhance their employability by completing the program.
Participants are required to attend:
- compulsory workshops as stipulated (5 workshops for the semester program)
- one employer presentation
- one Careers workshop
- one Careers consultation appointment.
At least 5 additional hours spent developing their skills on an individual basis. Activities can include: creating application documents, creating their LinkedIn profile, completing the program workbook and other tasks to be completed outside of workshops, etc.
Total commitment: 20 hours
Skills required or developed
- Stand out from the crowd
- Source internships and grad roles
- Write an outstanding application
- Network (including LinkedIn)
- Sell themselves (personal marketing)
- Succeed at an interview/ assessment centre
- Manage their career
- Plan for their career
- Make career decisions
- Develop a deeper self-awareness through various practice-based tests
For further information, contact our Career Development Consultants, Jen O’Donovan and Erika Schuetze.