Free access to Office 365
All graduate research students will have access to the full suite of Office 365 applications, including access to the current version of Outlook. Here's how you can access your Office 365 suite for the first time.
To access these applications, you will have a new graduate research specific email address (email@example.com) in addition to your (Gmail) student email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You will receive a notification email once your graduate research email address has been established. A copy of your @student emails will then be automatically forwarded to your Office 365 account and any pre-existing forwarding requests will be cancelled. If you would like to forward your student emails to a personal email account, you will need to set up a new forwarding request in your Office 365 account.
Your @hdr email address will be active until you are no longer enrolled as a graduate research student. From that point, your @student email address will continue and forwarding will stop.
Once you have received access to your graduate research email address, please check it regularly. We will send all future correspondence to your graduate research email address.
Access your graduate research email account
To access your email account in Office 365:
- Access the 'email' login here. This will take you to the Office 365 portal.
- Log in using your Macquarie University email address (email@example.com) and the one-time password as follows:
- First 2 characters of first name (1st uppercase, 2nd lower) followed by the first 2 characters of your last name (1st uppercase 2nd lower) and the first 4 numbers from your student ID. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org with student number 44556677 would have the password BoNa4455.
- Email addresses containing abbreviated names or initials are slightly different. For example, B.A.N email@example.com with student number 45674567 would have the password BaNa4567.
- Once you log in for the first time, you will need to change your password.
You will also need to set-up your self-service password reset. You must choose at least one of the following options to verify and access your account:
- Authentication Phone
- Authentication Email
- Security Questions
Once you complete these steps, you should have access to your Office 365 homepage. To access your emails, click on the ‘Outlook’ application.
If you have any difficulties accessing the Office 365 applications during your candidature, log a ticket via OneHelp or contact the IT Service Desk at +61 (2) 9850 4357.