Faculty of Science and Engineering
The Faculty of Science and Engineering is the perfect place for you to discover, explore your passions and nurture your talents.
The faculty offers flexible programs designed to give you the maximum choice across a wide range of fields and our staff are recognised for their excellence. With many known internationally for their research and our focus on addressing the big issues faced by society – the changing environment, future materials and fuels, biotechnology, synthetic biology, to name a few – you're gaining the most up-to-date scientific knowledge.
To supplement the traditional classroom, you'll have access to a number of cutting-edge research and teaching facilities, including
- a flora and fauna park
- an active astronomical observatory
- a Simulation Hub and Virtual Reality Laboratory, and
- a new glasshouse and seawater facility.
Our spaces are specifically designed to bring out your best and complements the strong industry ties and partnerships we have nurtured that bring our research to life, through application in the real world.
Are you a current undergraduate student but want to know more?
- Discover the broad range of undergraduate units offered by the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- And don't forget about the major and minors published in the Course Handbook.
- A list of People units and Planet units can also be found in the Handbook. You may be apply for credit for previous study to satisfy the requirements for a People or Planet unit. For more information, please refer to our recognition of prior learning.
- Find out how we can help you to change programs or majors.
Need more? Contact us on the details we've listed below.
Our find a course page allows you to search for tailored postgraduate degrees based on your interests.
- Discover the broad range of postgraduate units offered by the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- And don't forget about the postgraduate specialisations published in the Course Handbook.
Need more or want to talk to us about your program? Contact us on the details we've listed below.
Research training and research degrees
With research consistently ranked ‘above world standard,’ we are a destination of choice for both students and researchers and we're solving tomorrow's problems today.
Are you interested in continuing your studies or embarking on research to pursue your passion with Macquarie? We offer a range of research training and research degrees in broad interest areas across our faculty. To find out more, contact a researcher in your field of interest to discuss your idea or find out more about applying.
Contact us on the details we've listed below.
Faculty of Science and Engineering Student Services Centre
Building C7A (MUSE), Level 2
T: (02) 9850 6000
E: Submit an online enquiry
Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm
PhD and research enquiries
Ms Jane Yang
T: +61 2 9850 4427
Ms Ana Borba
T: +61 2 9850 9382
E3A Level 1, Macquarie University
North Ryde, Sydney, Australia
T: +61 (2) 9850 7346
E: Submit an online enquiry