Faculties, schools and colleges
Macquarie University is structured to deliver the majority of its education experiences through five core faculties, which together represent some 34 different departments. Macquarie’s colleges and schools work alongside the faculties to provide niche learning experiences, supplementary education, and a range of services that enhance and extend the learning experience.
Your studies at Macquarie University may involve interacting with a number of different faculty departments - it all depends on how you design your study experience. Students and graduates who return to their education after a break may find the colleges offer programs better suited to their lifestyle and work commitments. No matter what or how you want to study, Macquarie’s faculties schools and colleges offer flexible solutions to suit all your learning requirements.
Faculty of Arts
- Department of English
- Department of Geography and Planning
- Department of Indigenous Studies
- Department of International Studies: Languages and Cultures
- Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies
- Department of Modern History, Politics and International Relations
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Security Studies and Criminology
- Department of Sociology
- Macquarie Law School