Career and employment service
Macquarie's Career and Employment Service is offered to all current students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate.
We aim to help students in researching organisations and opportunities, searching and applying for jobs, preparing application documents and provide a platform where students can acquire the skills and experience to get them career-ready.
Career events are updated in the calendar on a weekly basis. You can register for our presentations, fairs, and seminars through CareerHub and access a range of tools and resources through CareerWise.
The service runs several industry-specific fairs and events throughout the year to assist students in understanding the range of career outcomes they can achieve with their course and help grow their professional network. The service is dedicated to empowering students to take control of their career aspirations through providing guidance, tools and support to help them succeed.
We can help you with
The Career and Employment Service is an appointment based service. It offers non-academic career-related advice and consultation and support services like:
- career-focused workshops
- educational programs
- events including industry-specific presentations
- access to a range of resources through CareerWise and at MUSE.
Priority is given to students who have prepared themselves by using the self-help tools before booking an appointment. You can find self-help tools on the CareerWise site.
If you require help with your resume or job application you must attend a Resume Rescue session or workshop prior to booking a 1:1 appointment through CareerHub. If you don't do this, your appointment will be cancelled.
Priority is given to students at risk (including, but not limited to, students with physical or mental health issues, offending behaviour or caring responsibilities) with the option of referral to Student Wellbeing.
We can't help you with
Macquarie has many service areas that provide you with the appropriate and focused support. Career and Employment Service don't provide the following services:
- Academic or course advice
- MGSM Career Service are the appropriate group for MGSM students
- Consultation with students who graduated over 12 months ago. There are two other services available to students that graduated over 12 months ago from MQU:
- Career Advantage MQ Program which is a career planning program conducted by graduate students within the Psychology Clinic. You will have to pay a discounted fee for the service
- Career Development Association of Australia which can give you a listing of services offered by commercial career practitioners.
- On-campus hiring for students or professional staff. For information regarding this visit Campus Life or the university's employment page for further opportunities
- Act as an agent to applicants of opportunities on CareerHub. We do not select/ screen or put applicants forward to organisations. Applicants who apply for opportunities do so independently and directly with the organisation.