Getting help with your assignment
Teaching has gone online and so has academic writing and study support!
You can still discuss your assignment with someone, get feedback on a written draft, or find out more about different types of assignments and how to write them. There's a range of ONLINE options available to ALL MQ students.
StudyWISE: online help with your assignments
StudyWISE is your 24/7 source of help with your assignments. Find out how to structure and write different types of assignments, research, plan and reference effectively, and be successful in your studies. You can also see examples of authentic student writing for different types of assignments.
You can find StudyWISE in iLearn under Student Support; if you are not already enrolled you can self-enrol.
WriteWISE: chat with a peer-writing leader online
WriteWISE Peer Writing Leaders and Learning Advisers are available to discuss your assignments or study issues with you. There is no need to make an appointment.
What: You can discuss questions about academic writing, referencing or study strategies. It’s helpful to have your assignment questions, unit guides and/or marked assignments ready before your chat session.
Please note, consultations do not:
- provide proofreading or ‘fix up’ assignments for you
- give advice relating to course content
- teach English or help students with IELTS preparation. The IELTS Test Centre and the English Language Centre (MUELC) offer test preparation services, courses and resources.
How: Just click on the chat button at the bottom of this page to start chatting with a WriteWISE leader. NB: We strongly recommend that you connect to the chat service using the Chrome browser.
Times for online consultations will be:
19 March, Thur: 11 am to 5 pm
20 March, Fri: 11 am to 4 pm
23 March (Mon) to 27 March (Fri): 12 pm to 3 pm
30 March to 29 May:
- Mon to Thu 11 am to 5 pm
- Fri 11 am to 4 pm
Online consultations with Studiosity
E-consultations are provided through our external partner, Studiosity.
What is Studiosity?
Studiosity is a 24/7 online writing and study assistance service that provides one-on-one academic study help.
What can Studiosity help you with?
Studiosity offers you two convenient services:
- Writing feedback: upload a file for feedback on academic writing, including structure, grammar, referencing, punctuation and spelling; or
- Connect live: chat one-on-one with a Studiosity tutor to receive foundational assistance with subjects like accounting, economics, statistics and maths.
Find out more about Studiosity here.
How do you access Studiosity?
- If you’re a 1000-level student or a MUIC student, you will find links to Studiosity in a block on the right-hand side of your subject iLearn units.
- If you’re 2000-level and above, or a postgraduate coursework student, access Studiosity through StudyWISE or the Academic Integrity Module in iLearn.
How many consultations can I have?
- All students have access to 10 free consultations in each academic session.
How do you troubleshoot a technical problem?
If you’re having issues accessing Studiosity, please log a OneHelp ticket any time.
Academic Integrity Module: Understanding plagiarism
Are you worried about plagiarising in your assignments? The Academic Integrity Module in iLearn can help you understand how to act with academic integrity and avoid plagiarism. Check out these sections to find out about acceptable and unacceptable practices in academic writing:
You will find the Academic Integrity Module on your iLearn homepage under 'Student Support: Skill building and Help resources', or self-enrol using your OneID and password.
Other sources of help
You're welcome to attend academic writing workshops to develop skills that will help you in your assignments.
Higher degree research (HDR) workshops and support
The HDR support and development team offers programs that will equip you with the knowledge and confidence you'll need for researching, writing and developing transferable skills. Services offered include:
If you're studying mathematics, statistics or any other unit that uses qualitative skills, the Numeracy Centre provides you with support to develop the mathematical knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed at university.