Get your career plan started
This program provides a strong framework for students to develop an understanding of career planning to develop and implement their own unique plan.
The Career Exploration Program is targeted at first year students from all faculties and disciplines (domestic and international) and allows students to create and implement a unique career plan and start to develop their employability.
This activity was approved to be recognised as an AHEGS activity from January 2022. No retrospective recognition will be made prior to this approval date.
The program is based on the flipped classroom approach, where you will be required to review learning materials online ahead of each workshop. During each of the 2 workshops you will apply your new knowledge in a practical setting. You will also get the opportunity to complete a virtual experience with an employer through The Forage to further develop your job searching skills and professional branding.
AHEGS qualification criteria
You will be required to:
- attend compulsory workshops as stipulated (2 workshops for the semester program)
- complete a virtual experience with an employer through The Forage
- submit three reflections on your learnings
Offered in Session 1 & 2 with a total of 20 hours commitment.
- Workshops : 4 hours
- Preparation : 4 hours
- Additional tasks and virtual Forage experience : 4–6 hours
Attributes and skills developed
At the completion of this program, you should be able to:
- explain the four stages of career planning
- demonstrate practical goal-setting towards a career of choice
- recognise skills gaps and ways to fill them
- demonstrate how to promote individual skills,knowledge and experience in resumes and interviews
- increase your professionalism and work readiness