Obligations towards Macquarie University
On completion of admission at Macquarie University, you are bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Please read the statements below carefully.
Below are the Terms and Conditions relating to your enrolment. It is a condition of your enrolment that you must agree to the statements listed (these are a copy of those you would have agreed to in eStudent when you enrolled).
- conduct yourself in an honest, ethical and professional manner consistent with the values of the University's Ethics Framework;
- inform yourself and act in accordance with the by-laws, rules, policies and codes of conduct (including the Student Code of Conduct) of Macquarie University. The Codes of Conduct are binding on all students. The Codes of Conduct define misconduct at the University. Misconduct may give rise to disciplinary proceedings;
- pay fees according to the fees rules and applicable policies; and
- keep your contact and next-of-kin details up to date.
You acknowledge and agree:
- that you have read and understood Macquarie University's privacy framework and that Macquarie University may collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the applicable privacy collection notices that form part of the privacy framework;
- that Macquarie University may use electronic communication methods to deliver information relevant to your studies, personal safety, and otherwise;
- to access all information and to read your University-assigned email address at least once a week;
- for the purpose of the SPAM Act 2003 (Cth) and any corresponding regulations, to the sending and receiving of electronic messages;
- that Macquarie University can publish information on any awards and prizes you have been awarded and, where appropriate, the results for your honours program of study;
- you are responsible for informing yourself of and complying with the requirements for your program of study;
- that if you enrol in units which are contrary to academic advice you are responsible for the consequences resulting from enrolment in those units including any fees and penalties for late enrolments and/or changing units that you are liable for should you incur them;
- that you have read and understood the Campus Card and Your Privacy statement; and the Transport for NSW Travel Concession and Your Privacy statement;
- that Macquarie University reserves the right to amend tuition and/or other fees, due to changes imposed under Australian Commonwealth or State legislation or regulation;
- that Macquarie University may at any time vary these Terms and Conditions.
- Macquarie University may disclose your personal information and information about your enrolment to Australian Government and State Government Agencies, where this is required or authorised by Australian law or NSW law. This may include Services Australia (if you are claiming or receiving a payment from Services Australia), the Australian Taxation Office, Transport for NSW (in connection with travel concessions offered to you), the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (in administering the ESOS legislation relating to your visa or travel status), for example. Personal Information disclosed to Services Australia and other Australian Government agencies is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act 1988).
- You are still required to notify Services Australia of any change that may affect any government payment you receive