Tools and resources
The Career and Employment Service unit on iLearn, CareerWISE, is our innovative online gateway with a range of resources to help you launch your career.
Click here to access MyMQ Career Zone for online career advice and tools available 24/7, CV360 for instant online resume reviews and Careerhub to search for jobs and book events, workshops and appointments.
CareerWISE is located on iLearn under Student Support, available wherever and whenever you need it.
Want more information? Click on the links below
MyMQ Career Zone
MyMQ Career Zone is your interactive, online careers centre providing you with the tools and information you need to embark on, manage and grow your career.
MyMQ Career Zone includes:
- Resume & cover letter advice: Maximise the impact of your resume & cover letter using the comprehensive learning and tools within the portal.
- Mock interview: Practice for interviews. Increase confidence by recording and reviewing your own interview responses.
- Expert advice: Panels of professional career coaches and employers give their best practice advice on a range of subjects.
- E-learning: Learn all you need in 5-10 minute bites! 700+ short courses, videos and tutorials tackling all the key aspects of career development.
- Assessments & quizzes: Build your self-awareness by taking 10-minute assessments covering motivation, work cultural preference, personality, resilience & management skills.
- Job search support: Utilise the global job search database, updated daily, to save relevant job searches and be alerted to the latest vacancies.
You can also download the app to get your career advice on the go.
Click the video link below for step by step instructions on how to download the app.
CV360 - Instant online resume review
CV360 is an online tool you can use anytime, anywhere, to get instant tailored feedback on your resume with tips on how to improve.
CV360 provides feedback on 50+ checks including:
In addition to instant feedback, you will also receive advice, tips and employer insight and best practices to help boost your knowledge and confidence.
If you don’t currently have a resume, find out how to create one by attending a Resume and LinkedIn Essentials Workshop or completing an online module. Next you can use the CV Builder to create your resume. Once your document is complete, simply upload it to CV360.
To access CV360, Click Here, upload your resume and put it to the test.
Don’t forget there’s no substitute for a human review before you send your resume off, so ask a friend to take a look, or book in for a 10 minute 1:1 Resume Review with the Career and Employment Service.
CV360 is provided free for Macquarie University Students by the Career and Employment Service.
If you’re ready to start your career journey, CareerHub can help. It’s a website that functions as a jobs board to advertise graduate and entry level work, part-time and casual jobs, volunteering opportunities and more, from employers who want to hire Macquarie students. All students who begin their degree at Macquarie University including MUIC students are automatically registered on CareerHub. Your user name is your Student ID number and the password is the same as your I-Learn one.
All employers are vetted and approved to advertise on our platform. We check their job ads for clarity, adherence to legal award rates, and to ensure they are legitimate opportunities.
CareerHub also lets you book an appointment to see an advisor, register for our upcoming career events including fairs and workshops.