Tools and resources
If you’re ready to start your career journey, CareerHub can help. It’s a website that functions as a jobs board to advertise graduate and entry level work, part-time and casual jobs, volunteering opportunities and more, from employers who want to hire Macquarie students. All students who begin their degree at Macquarie University including MUIC students are automatically registered on CareerHub. Your user name is your Student ID number and the password is the same as your I-Learn one.
All employers are vetted and approved to advertise on our platform. We check their job ads for clarity, adherence to legal award rates, and to ensure they are legitimate opportunities.
CareerHub also lets you book an appointment to see an advisor, register for our upcoming career events including fairs and workshops.
CareerWise helps you increase your employability skills and knowledge, gain a competitive edge, and build your future. It’s our new innovative online learning platform accessed through iLearn. CareerWise is structured in 3 modules that you work through in your own time.
Module 1: Identify your values, interests, personality and skills. This module will help you to decide on a career that’s right for you.
Module 2: Answers questions about how to gain experience and develop transferable skills for your future career. It also looks at how to draft a professional profile and discusses all aspects of networking.
Module 3: Helps you learn how to ace the application process. There are tips on various types of interviews, information about assessment centres, and psychometric testing.
You will also find a comprehensive career planner designed to bring you closer to your dream job.
What are you waiting for? Take your future into your own hands with the help of CareerWise.
MyMQ Career Zone
MyMQ Career Zone is your interactive, online careers centre providing you with the tools and information you need to embark on, manage and grow your career.
MyMQ Career Zone includes:
- Resume & cover letter advice: Maximise the impact of your resume & cover letter using the comprehensive learning and tools within the portal.
- Mock interview: Practice for interviews. Increase confidence by recording and reviewing your own interview responses.
- Expert advice: Panels of professional career coaches and employers give their best practice advice on a range of subjects.
- E-learning: Learn all you need in 5-10 minute bites! 700+ short courses, videos and tutorials tackling all the key aspects of career development.
- Assessments & quizzes: Build your self-awareness by taking 10-minute assessments covering motivation, work cultural preference, personality, resilience & management skills.
- Job search support: Utilise the global job search database, updated daily, to save relevant job searches and be alerted to the latest vacancies.
You can also download the app to get your career advice on the go.
Click the video link below for step by step instructions on how to download the app.