Social learning space on campus
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, BASSLINE is currently closed.
Whether you need a space for individual study, group work, or even a nap, Bassline has plenty to offer for students.
Bassline is a place where you can:
- recharge your device
- connect to the University's wired internet
- have a vigorous debate over the content of your group project
- find a quiet corner to escape your hectic day for an hour or so
- meet with your student club
- eat lunch in the comfort of a bean bag in an air-conditioned area.
At Bassline, you can access the following services:
iPrint lets you print from anywhere connected to the Internet and pickup from multiple locations on campus, anytime you like.
Just tap your campus card (or other authorised card) at any iPrinter to collect your documents.
Large flat-screen monitors
There are many flat-screen monitors around Bassline, ready for you to plug your laptop straight in!
The monitors are great for group work, or when you want to see something on a big screen. All you need is an HDMI port on your laptop and a cable.
You will find toilets, vending machines, water stations, and microwaves in this space.
Rooms in Bassline can be booked online by students.
To make a booking:
- Log in using your MQ OneID password
- Click on the Schedule tab to check availability of the rooms and guidelines for use
- Select a suitable time slot available and make a booking
In booking these rooms, you agree that:
- you will use the room for your allocated time slot and
- will vacate the rooms at the appropriate time for other bookings.
The floor plan below shows you the locations and numbers of the rooms.
If you agree to the above mentioned, make a booking now.
Students can book:
- any rooms highlighted on the map below
- between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday
- up to 2 hours a day, and up to seven (7) days in advance
- for one to up to 20 people, depending on the size of the room (minimum group attendance may apply.)
- Monday to Friday: 7am – 10pm
- Saturday to Sunday: 10am – 6pm