Explore life in Sydney
Live @ MQ. Student Relocation Grant available – kick start your success in 2021
Macquarie University offers a fantastic campus experience for all students and the new student accommodation will set you up for success. It’s the perfect blend of student, friends, support and fun.
We also know that moving away from family and friends can be daunting … and also expensive. That’s why we are offering a new relocation grant for students starting their studies at Macquarie in 2021.
Our new Relocation Grant is available to commencing students who will be relocating from outside the Sydney region to stay in the new on-campus student accommodation. Grants of up to $1,500 are available for eligible students.
Get support for a move to Macquarie – a grant of $1,500 towards your accommodation costs
This grant is available to students who are commencing studies in Session 1, and are relocating from outside the Sydney region to our new student accommodation in the heart of the Macquarie University Campus.
Terms and conditions:
- Applications for the Live @ MQ Student Accommodation Grant must be submitted before the commencement of study.
- Successful applicants can be any age and must be commencing studies at Macquarie in Session 2021.
- Successful applicants must be relocating to Macquarie University with a home address outside a radius of 50km from Macquarie University and taking a full year contract at the Macquarie University managed student accommodation.
- The grant is valued at $1,500 per student. Limited places are available and are subject to eligibility criteria.
- Successful applicants will receive $1,500 credited to their accommodation account.
- Credits will be applied after the census date.
- Due to current border closures, offshore international students are not eligible to apply.
- View full terms and conditions and eligibility requirements.
Full terms and conditions
By applying for the Live @ MQ Student Relocation Grant, you agree to the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and privacy statement outlined herewith.
1. General Terms
- The Relocation Grants are awarded to eligible students (see Eligibility Criteria below) relocating from regional Australia to Macquarie University (“the University”) to commence as a full-time student in a program of study for the first time.
- Applicants should not base their decision to study on the outcome of their Relocation Grant application. Applicants are not guaranteed of being awarded the Relocation Grant.
- Information on how to apply and the description of the Relocation Grant form part of these Terms.
- Applications must be made before 5pm on 31 March 2021. All times quoted are Eastern Standard Time.
- Applicants may be of any age.
- All applications become the property of the University.
- Every Applicant who applies via the online application form will receive confirmation via email of their application being received. This receipt acknowledgement should not be interpreted as confirmation that the application has been successful. Applications will be accessed, and successful applicants will be advised at a later date.
- Applicants should not assume their application has been lodged unless this confirmation email is received. No responsibility will be accepted by the University for late, lost, or misdirected applications.
- The University’s selection decisions for the Relocation Grant are final.
- The Relocation Grant will be offered subject to the availability of funds.
2. Receiving the Grant
- The Relocation Grant is valued at $1,500 and is available for 2021 only. There is no guarantee that the Relocation Grant program will be available in subsequent years of your study.
- Successful applicants must enter into a one-year agreement for the new University managed campus accommodation and must be enrolled into a program of study before they can receive the Relocation Grant, which will be credited against their student accommodation charges after the Census Date (“Recipients”). The Relocation Grant may not be credited towards any security bond required by the University for the accommodation.
- The Relocation Grant is not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash.
3. Eligibility criteria
- To be eligible for the Relocation Grant, the Applicant must:
- be a Commencing Student enrolled as a full-time student for the Next Period of Study or a Future Student intending to enrol as a full-time student at the University for the Next Period of Study and
- reside at an address outside a radius of 50 km from the University’s campus at North Ryde at the time of making an application.
- Students enrolled in short courses or non-award courses are not eligible to apply.
- Due to current border closures, international students currently residing overseas are not eligible to apply. Check out the latest information for travel to Australia.
- Students are not eligible to apply if the commencement date for their program of study has commenced prior to the student making an application for the Relocation Grant.
- Only one application per student is permitted.
- Applicants cannot be in receipt of another University Grant or Scholarship.
- Exceptional circumstances will be considered in determining eligibility for the grant.
4. Ongoing eligibility
- Recipients must stay enrolled at the University reside at the new University managed campus accommodation at the University’s North Ryde Campus throughout semesters 1 and 2 of the 2021 year.
- The Relocation Grant will be rescinded if the Recipient:
- withdraws from enrolment or fails to enrol in a program of study as a full-time student;
- is determined by the University to have breached the Student Code of Conduct;
- gives false or misleading information as part of his or her application for the Relocation Grant;
- is awarded another scholarship by the University; or
- breaches his or her agreement for the University managed accommodation.
- In the event that a Relocation Grant is rescinded, the University reserves the right to request that the amount of the Relocation Grant credited against the Recipient’s accommodation charges be reimbursed to the University.
All correspondence relating to the Relocation Grant should be directed to Macquarie University Accommodation Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information will be stored securely. If you wish to access or correct any of your information, discuss how it has been managed, or have a concern or complaint about the way your personal information has been collected, used, stored or disclosed, please contact: