Microsoft for Students enables Macquarie University students access to digital downloads of the Microsoft Office Suite for FREE on up to 5 PCs and 5 mobile devices, including Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android.
If you are currently enrolled, you have been automatically granted the full license of Microsoft 365 with your student email address.
How do I get the full version of Microsoft Office to install on my computer(s)?
1. Go to https://portal.office.com
2. Login with your student email address and OneID password.
3. On the top right-hand corner, click Install Office and follow the instruction to install the latest version of Microsoft365.
Please note that once you have graduated or discontinue your University study, your Microsoft365 license will be removed. It is your responsibility to make your own arrangement to backup and /or transfer documents and files stored in OneDrive and Sharepoint to a suitable storage device or to another online storage environment by that time. If you wish to continue to have the right to continue to use Microsoft365, you will need to make your own arrangements to purchase and /or subscribe for Microsoft365. Please visit Microsoft for further assistance.
For more information about Microsoft Office for Students, please see this page.
Can I deactivate an installation?
Yes. If you have installed Microsoft365 on more than 5 devices and you now need to install it on the 6th device, you may deactivate one of the previous installations to free up a license for this new installation.
- Login to https://portal.office.com
- Click on Settings on the top right of the window
- Click on Update contact preferences and then choose Apps & Devices on the left pane of the new window.
- Expand DEVICES within the Office section and you may see the list of devices that you have installed the office apps on. You may sign out the ones you would like to deactivate. You can also re install or reactivate the license on these devices when needed.