After hours access
Macquarie University provides students with after hours access to study rooms under specific conditions.
Facilities, conditions and rules
- Security frequently patrol in designated after hours areas while the rooms are in use. At the close of the rooms, all students should vacate the building.
- The C5C rooms feature wireless internet and therefore provide network access for students who have notebook computers.
- Rooms C5C 238 and C5C 240 are for quiet study only, no discussion. Quiet group discussion is permissible in the larger room C5C 236. No discussion is allowed when W5A T1 is used.
- Students have access to the toilets opposite and outside of W5A T1.
- There is an internal "house" phone in the study rooms which occupants can use to dial security (x7112) or emergency (x9999).
- Security can provide an escort service to the car park area 24 hours a day. Students should call x7112 to arrange the escort, which may take up to 15 minutes to arrive.
- No food or drink, apart from water in plastic bottles, will be allowed in the rooms.
- Students are not to interfere with any equipment in the rooms and will be asked to leave if found doing so. Equipment in the rooms is alarmed and alarms triggered in this area will be investigated by security.
- The Library "closing time" announcement will advise students of the location and operating times of the after hours study room for that day.
After hours study rooms – 2017
Room for Identified Special Needs Students
Room C5C 209 is reserved for authorised Special Needs students using swipe cards during the same times as the After Hours Study Room operates. However, there is no separate room allocated during Exams or for the Open Day Weekend. For access please contact Disability Services.