Before your arrival
Being well-prepared will help to make your arrival in Australia easy and stress-free. This includes obtaining a visa, arranging travel to Sydney, getting travel insurance, organising accommodation and opening an Australian bank account.
- Review our tips on studying in Sydney, Australia
- Follow the travel checklist, organise your accommodation and book your free airport pick-up
- Organise your Overseas Student Health Cover and understand the conditions of your student visa
- You might also need to understand the specific arrangements required if you are travelling with your family, including your children
- Opening an Australian bank account will be the easiest and most affordable way to access your money in Australia. There are four major banks in Australia including the National Australia Bank (NAB), who have a branch on campus. Read more about how to apply for an account