Student Advocacy and Support Services can help you to understand policy and procedure at the university and to put forward strong applications.
Areas that we work with you include – but are not limited to:
· Student Visa Information
Contact Campus Wellbeing
Phone: (02) 9850
Level 2, 16 Wally's Walk
North Ryde NSW 2109
Current opening hours: Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm (excluding public holidays)
Holiday opening hours: Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 5:00pm (after December 18 2017)
The office will be closed from December 23 2017 to January 1 2018.
What we can do
· Provide feedback on your complaint or appeal
· Support you at a hearing meeting or in preparation to attend a hearing
· Join you as a support person at meetings you may be required to attend with University staff members
· Guide you through university process and procedures
· Help manage your expectations regarding your options available
· Link you with relevant policy
· Liaise with departments across the University on your behalf
· Refer you to other support services within the university and externally
· Clarify Student Visa rules
· Support and monitor the welfare of younger students under the care of the University
· Support you in the preparation of documentation for applications
· Review supporting evidence and make recommendations for additional information that can be included
What we can't do
· Write your complaint or appeal
· Guarantee an outcome. We are not decision-makers nor do we possess the authority to determine your outcome
· Provide academic advice
· Meet with third parties (agents, parents, friends, etc.) to discuss your situation. Contact us directly by phone or email if you are unable to come in for an appointment.
· Provide supporting documentation for applications.
· Write letters of support
Connect with an Advocate
When booking with our service, you will be allocated to a Student Advocate. The Advocate will manage your case until completion. We look forward to engaging with you.
Book an appointment:
Phone: (02) 9850 7497 [Campus Wellbeing Reception]
Office Open Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm (excluding public holidays)
Appointments available between 8.30am to 4.00pm. Phone consults also possible.
Location: Level 2, 16 Wally's Walk, Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
Service Waiting Times 2018
|Month||Expected Wait Times|
|February - March||2 weeks|
|July - August||2-3 weeks|
|September – October||Same week|
|November||2 – 3 weeks|
Priority appointment bookings
Need an urgent appointment?
Follow the two step process below:
1) Book an appointment with Student Advocacy through Campus Wellbeing.
2) Complete the Priority Appointment Form
The service seeks formal feedback biannually from student users however we strive to continuously improve our service. Feedback about the service can be sent to the Manager Student Advocacy via Campus Wellbeing’s generic email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to complain about the Advocacy Service you can contact email either the Manager of Student Advocacy or alternatively the Director of Campus Wellbeing at: email@example.com
Complaints are treated in accordance to the University complaint procedure.