What is a certified document/photocopy?
Supporting documents must be provided to Macquarie University as either original documents or certified copies. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original that has been 'certified' as a true copy of the original.
Who can certify a document?
A document can be certified by a staff member who works at Student Connect, 18 Wally’s Walk, Building C7A, Level 2 MUSE and by a Justice of the Peace or someone currently employed as one of the following:
- Accountant – member of a recognised professional accounting body or a registered tax agent
- Bank manager
- Credit union branch manager
- Commissioner for declarations
- Barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
- Police officer
- Postal manager
- Principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school
- Doctor, pharmacist or registered nurse
- Defence force officer
How to certify documents outside of Australia
Most Australian embassies, high commissions and consulates will certify documents that are intended for use in Australia. Visit Smartraveller for more information.