What is a certified document/photocopy?
Supporting documents must be provided to Macquarie University as either original documents or certified copies. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original that has been 'certified' as a true copy of the original.
Who can certify a document?
A document can be certified by a Justice of the Peace or someone currently employed as one of the following:
- Accountant – member of a recognised professional accounting body or a registered tax agent
- Bank manager
- Credit union branch manager
- Commissioner for declarations
- Barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
- Police officer
- Postal manager
- Principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school
- Doctor, pharmacist or registered nurse
- Defence force officer
Student Connect have staff who have been appointed as Justice of the Peace and can be found at 18 Wally's Walk, Building C7A Level 2 MUSE.
How to certify documents outside of Australia
Most Australian embassies, high commissions and consulates will certify documents that are intended for use in Australia. Visit Smartraveller for more information.