Step 2: Make the most of your orientation!
The best way to be ready to start your studies is to attend orientation, also known as O Week (Orientation Week). O Week runs the week before session starts and it’s a series of welcomes, events, workshops and informative activities designed to make sure you're prepared to get a great start with us - academically, personally, socially and professionally.
SAVE THE DATE - Session 1, 2021 Orientation starts 15 February. Check back here for more information at the end of November.
Session 3 Orientation is on Thursday 26 November
Register now to receive your personalised orientation schedule for Session 3 Orientation on Thursday 26 November. We'll have the following activities on offer:
|Welcome to Macquarie session||Join us for this welcome session to meet your academics, new peers and hear from current students about what uni life is like||One hour|
|Study essentials panel||Find out from our student and staff experts about skills needed to succeed in your studies, what things like 'academic integrity' mean and where to get help||One hour|
|Social networking and trivia||Have some fun, get to know people and test your general knowledge at trivia hosted by the Macquarie University Peer Mentors||One hour|
|Campus and library tour||Discover our amazing student spaces, facilities and services available for MQ students.||One hour|
What to expect
Orientation is all about getting to know your university. You’ll be able to:
- Get important information about your course and how it will be taught
- Meet people - peers and academics from your course, people from your town/country, people you'll be spending time with over the next few years
- Join student groups, clubs or societies and connect with a Peer Mentor
- Find out about the many services, support and facilities to help you succeed in your studies
- Explore your MQ student life by connecting with the community at our fun social activities, without the pressure of attending classes.
What to attend
At O Week, you'll see 5 different kinds of activities (which we call 'zones') available with some dedicated sessions for undergraduates, postgraduates and international students:
- Faculty and course orientations - meet your academics and key faculty staff, ask questions about your course and connect with students studying your course
- Interactive learning sessions - become an effective learner with practical tips and advice from our expert staff and current students
- Uni life panels and tours - find out what it takes to be a successful MQ student (and adult!), the best places to study/eat/exercise/hang out, and ask questions about uni life
- Professional development workshops - building your networks and getting job-ready starts in your first year. These workshops will cover everything you need to know about how we can boost your employability
- Social networking events - have fun, make connections and find ways to get involved in your MQ community.
You'll be invited to register for O Week about one month before it takes place and will be able to build your personalised program of events. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick one activity from each category or 'zone' and don't miss your faculty/course orientations!