Readmission - returning after an exclusion
Former Macquarie students may apply to return to studies when they have been excluded for any of the following reasons:
- taking an unduly long time to complete a degree
- exceeding the minimum rate of progress
- double failure in a required law unit
- double failure in a unit offered by the Faculty of Human Sciences due to failing a practicum component.
Students who have been excluded from studies at another institution must apply via the Universities Admissions Centre and will be assessed based on their overall academic record.
Generally, students are excluded for a period of two years. If your exclusion period has expired, you may apply to return to studies using the application method shown below.
If you are currently within your exclusion period, you cannot apply using this application. Read about appealing your exclusion.
Make an application to return to studies
Applications can be made:
- directly to Macquarie via the online form. For this application, you will need to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for direct readmission. If so, please follow all the steps for direct readmission as well as those on this page
- at uac.edu.au – for local applicants not eligible to return via the previous Macquarie direct application
- at Macquarie International – for international students only
Write a letter to the Ranking Committee
Write a letter to the Ranking Committee requesting that your readmission be assessed. This application must include:
- a statement outlining that your circumstances have improved substantially since you were enrolled and that you would now have a reasonable chance of succeeding in your studies if re-admitted
- documentary evidence to substantiate your claims.
Students are not able to attend the ranking committee meeting so it is important that you prepare your written case thoroughly and provide as much relevant supporting documentation as possible.
Attach this letter and other supporting documents as part of your online application.
Without a personal statement your application cannot be assessed so please ensure that you have this prepared before you apply.
The Ranking Committee will meet after applications close.
Once the Ranking Committee reviews your application, you will be notified of the outcome via email.
If your application is successful, you will receive an offer and enrolment information at that time.