Readmission - returning after an exclusion
Please note Session 2 2017 is the last session for re-admission applications (no re-admission for Session 3 2017).
From 2018 onwards you must apply as a new applicant via prescribe methods - Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)or Directly to Macquarie.
Admission is competitively based on academic merit. We recommend that you undertake further studies to improve your academic performance in gaining entry into your desired program.
Previously excluded Macquarie students may apply to return to studies where they have been excluded for:
- taking an unduly long time to complete a degree, or testing
- exceeding the minimum rate of progress, or
- double failure in a required law unit, or
- double failure in a unit offered by the Faculty of Human Sciences due to failing a practicum component.
Students that have been excluded from studies at another institution must apply via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) and will be assessed on the basis of their overall academic record.
Applications for Session 2 2017 will open on the 18 April 2017 and will close on the 30 June 2017.
Generally students are excluded for a period of two years. If your exclusion period has expired you may apply to return to studies using the application method shown below.
If you are currently within your exclusion period you cannot apply using this application. Information on appealing your exclusion.
Making an application to return to studies
Applications can be made via:
- A direct application to Macquarie via eStudent. For this application you will need to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for direct readmission. If so, please follow all the steps for direct readmission as well as those on this page.
- uac.edu.au - for local applicants not eligible to return via the previous Macquarie direct application.
- Macquarie International - for international students only.
Write a letter to the ranking committee
Write a letter to the ranking committee requesting that your readmission be assessed. This application must include:
- A personal statement outlining the circumstances which lead to your exclusion. Please include the reason for your exclusion and the duration. You should also outline how your circumstances have improved substantially since you were last enrolled and why you believe would now have a reasonable chance of succeeding in your studies if you were re-admitted, and
- Documentary evidence to substantiate your claims (ie. anything you feel may provide some support for your application. Depending on your circumstances you could include a doctor's letter, personal references or employment references).
Attach this letter and other supporting documents as part of your online application.
Without a personal statement your application cannot be assessed so please ensure that you have this prepared before you apply.
Students are not able to attend the Ranking Committee meeting so it is important that you prepare your written case thoroughly and provide as much relevant supporting documentation as possible.
Once your application has been reviewed by the ranking committee you will be notified of the outcome via email.
If your application is successful you will receive an offer and enrolment information at that time.