HDR Mentors present: Peer Writing Assistance
The Peer Writing Assistance Program is designed to support MRES and HDR candidates in managing thesis writing and research-related concerns. All peer writing assistants have undergone training as a PWA and also as a peer mentor and are current PhD candidates at Macquarie.
Peer Writing Assistants function as a ‘friendly audience’ or ‘fresh pair of eyes’ to help you gain new perspective on your writing or research ideas. They facilitate 30 minute one-on-one consultations and can assist with the following:
- brainstorm research ideas,
- work on an existing outline or chapter draft,
- develop effective academic/research skills,
- help you refine and strengthen written expression and communication of ideas,
- explore strategies around study-related issues such as time/project management and writer's block