Dean's Welcome & Central Commencement Program
Research makes a university and Higher Degree Research is the backbone of university research. I hope that your time at Macquarie will not only be academically successful but also personally happy and positive. Join me, together with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and HDR staff for a Welcome event with introduction to key things regarding the commencement of your research candidature, and to meet other commencing HDR candidates from Australia and around the world.
Prof. Nick Mansfield
Dean, Higher Degree Research
Monday 23 July 2018
Australian Hearing Hub, Lecture Theatre Level 1
16 University Ave, Macquarie University NSW 2109
9:30am – 1.00pm, registration starts at 9am
Invitations for the Semester Two 2018 Dean's Welcome have been issued via student email for new HDR candidates.
Registrations are essential. If you would like further information or have not received your invitation please email email@example.com
Central Commencement Program
The Central Commencement Program (CCP) is a compulsory program run for all HDR Candidates. An email is issued to all new candidates with an invitation to attend. Details for the two CCP programs are below.
Master of Research Central Commencement Program
The MRes CCP is run only once a year and at present cannot be completed online. MRes candidates commencing in Semester Two are to attend the CCP in the following Semester One of their program.
For information on what was covered in the 2018 program, please view 2018 MRes CCP Presentation Slides.
Higher Degree Research Central Commencement Program
The HDR CCP occurs in Semester One and Semester Two each year.
Candidates unable to attend the CCP in person can complete it online. For information on what is usually covered you may view the 2018 HDR CCP Presentation Slides.
Central Commencement Program Online
The CCP Online program is for HDR candidates only. You must be an enrolled candidate in order to access the CCP Online.
To complete the CCP Online:
- Click on the following link: Central Commencement Program Online
- Enter your OneID username (MQ followed by your student number, eg. MQ12345678) and password to log in to iLearn.
- Enter the enrolment key hdrccp.
- Once enrolled, you can access the CCP Online at any time through the Online Units link on the Student Portal of the Macquarie University website.
- Once you have listened to all the lectures and completed the CCP Online, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CCP Completed and provide your name and student number. Your completion will be verified and noted on your student record, and an email confirmation will be sent to you.
If you have any questions relating to the CCP online program please email email@example.com.
If you have forgotten your OneID password or are having difficulties login on to iLearn, please contact:
Tel: (02) 9850 HELP (4357) or Freecall: 1800 063 191
If you have any questions related to the Online CCP or the CCP program, please email the Central Commencement Program team via firstname.lastname@example.org