Dean's Welcome & Central Commencement Program
Research makes a university and Higher Degree Research is the backbone of university research.
I hope that your time at Macquarie will not only be academically successful but also personally happy and positive. Join me, together with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and HDR staff for a Welcome event with introduction to key things regarding the commencement of your research candidature, and to meet other commencing HDR candidates from Australia and around the world.
Prof. Nick Mansfield
Dean, Higher Degree Research
Thursday 14 February 2019
21 Wally's Walk, Macquarie University NSW 2109
9:30am – 1.00pm
Invitations for the Semester One 2019 Dean's Welcome will be issued via student emails from mid-January to new BPhil, MRes and HDR candidates.
Registrations are essential. If you would like further information or have not received your invitation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Commencement Program
The Central Commencement Program (CCP) is a compulsory program for all PhD, MPhil and MRes Year 2 and is completed online. Details of the two CCP programs are below.
Master of Research Central Commencement Program
The MRes CCP iLearn page is currently under construction.
For information on what was covered in the 2018 program, please view 2018 MRes CCP Presentation Slides.
Higher Degree Research Central Commencement Program
The CCP Online program is for HDR candidates only. You must be an enrolled candidate in order to access the CCP Online.
To complete the CCP Online:
- Click on the following link: Central Commencement Program Online
- Enter your OneID username (MQ followed by your student number, eg. MQ12345678) and password to log in to iLearn.
- Enter the enrolment key hdrccp.
- Once enrolled, you can access the CCP Online at any time through the Online Units link on the Student Portal of the Macquarie University website.
- Once you have listened to all the lectures and completed the CCP Online, send us an email on email@example.com with the subject line CCP Completed and provide your name and student number. Your completion will be verified and noted on your student record, and an email confirmation will be sent to you.
If you have any questions relating to the CCP online program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have forgotten your OneID password or are having difficulties login on to iLearn, please contact:
Tel: (02) 9850 HELP (4357) or Freecall: 1800 063 191
If you have any questions related to the Online CCP or the Dean's Welcome, please email the Central Commencement Program team via email@example.com