Develop core skills
Macquarie’s Graduate Research Development and Experience team offer research training to graduate students to help develop essential skills in research communication, employability, mentoring and leadership.
Our team is working to provide access to our resources to ensure our graduate research students are supported during this period and beyond. Please send any enquiries through to the relevant team or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice to all graduate research supervisors on supporting candidates during COVID-19 can be found on the supervisors page.
For further information about the COVID-19, view our frequently asked questions page.
The Graduate Research Development and Experience team offers research training that is flexible, diverse and candidate-driven.
We actively collaborate with Macquarie’s research community, faculties as well as industry partners to create meaningful and exciting opportunities for your research journey.
Our programs are designed to equip you with:
- the knowledge and confidence to conduct your research, communicate your insights to broad audiences
- the ability to become independent, resilient and empathic researchers who can reflect on what you are doing to understand how your work contributes to the broader community
- transferable skills that are attractive to employers across all sectors of society.
We offer over 200 workshops, courses and seminars every year, both face-to-face and online, as well as opportunities for you to engage with other graduate research students and employer representatives.
Graduate Research Matters Newsletter
The Graduate Research Academy issue a monthly newsletter for graduate research students, supervisors and staff.
Our initiatives assist you to develop essential skills in research communication, employability, mentoring and leadership.
- Graduate Research Mentor Program: Our Graduate Research Mentors Program provides peer-level support, as well as social and networking opportunities for MRes and PhD candidates.
- Graduate Research Development: Our Graduate Research Development team provides a range of support and training to equip candidates with essential research skills.
- Supervision enhancement: The Supervision Enhancement Program is designed to help graduate research supervisors (Macquarie University employees and adjunct appointments) orientate.