Session 1, 2020 Orientation Week – or ‘O Week’ as you’ll come to know it – is now over. Session 2, 2020 will be coming soon!
What is Orientation?
Orientation is the best way to start your studies! O Week runs the week before your session or term starts (and classes begin). It's a series of activities and information sessions designed to make sure you're prepared to get off to a great start at Macquarie - academically, personally, socially and professionally.
What happens at O Week?
- Get important information about your degree and how it will be taught
- Meet people – people from your course, people from your town/country, people you’ll be spending time with over the next few years
- Join student groups, clubs or societies
- Find out about the many services we have to support your studies
- Make the most of free food and fun activities
- Discover where your classrooms are located so you’re ready for the start of session
- Register for accessibility support, if you have a disability or medical condition.
While O Week is designed for new students, anyone is welcome to attend and it’s a great way for returning students to ease back into uni life.
Couldn't join us? We've got you covered
We recorded most of our important sessions so please access these recordings here. Check out the lists below for the recordings available each day.
If you're not sure what else you need, check your student email as we're sending you some great information over the coming weeks. Don't forget to collect your free 2020 Student Essentials diary too - we've got hard copies at Student Connect on Level 2, MUSE, 18 Wally's Walk.
Monday 17 February
- Student employment information session
- Residents welcome from the Vice-Chancellor
- Parents and carers' welcome and information session
Tuesday 18 February
Faculty of Science and Engineering recordings
- Faculty of Science and Engineering undergraduate student welcome
- Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology orientation
- Bachelor of Advanced Science orientation
- Bachelor of Biodiversity and Conservation orientation
- Bachelor of Chiropractic Science orientation
- Bachelor of Environment orientation
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development
- Bachelor of Information Technology orientation
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences orientation
- Bachelor of Marine Science orientation
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences orientation
- Bachelor of Science orientation
- Biological Sciences specialisation orientation
- Chemistry, Chemical and Biomolecular Sciences specialisation orientation
- Civil engineering specialisation orientation
- Computing postgraduate coursework orientation
- Earth and Environmental Sciences specialisation orientation
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering specialisation orientation
- Master of Biotechnology and Business orientation
- Master of Radiopharmaceutical Science orientation
- Master of Science Innovation (all specialisations) orientation
- Master of Sustainable Development and Master of Environment orientation
- Mathematics and Statistics specialisation orientation
- Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering specialisation orientation
- Software engineering specialisation orientation
School of Education recordings
- Secondary education specialisation orientation
- Master of Teaching (Birth to Five years) orientation
- Master of Teaching (Primary) and (Secondary) orientation
- Looking after YOU: an introduction to your Student Success Network
- Be StudyWISE and start uni with confidence
- Academic referencing essentials
- Introduction to using iLearn
Wednesday 19 February
Faculty and course recordings
- Faculty of Arts Welcome
- Bachelor of Human Sciences orientation
- Department of Cognitive Sciences orientation
- Department of Linguistics orientation
- Department of Psychology orientation
- International student arrival talk
Thursday 20 February
Macquarie Business School recordings
- Macquarie Business School Undergraduate Welcome
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies orientation
- Bachelor of Applied Finance orientation
- Bachelor of Business Analytics orientation
- Bachelor of Economics orientation
- Bachelor of Marketing and Media orientation
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting orientation
- Macquarie Business School Postgraduate Welcome
- Doctor of Medicine and Master of Public Health orientation
- Entrepreneurship and the Incubator
- Introduction to the Global Leadership Program (Postgraduate students)
- Let's get critical
- Postgraduate student welcome and networking
Friday 21 February
- International student welcome
- Budgeting 101 workshop
Need help? Ask a Macquarie University Mentor
The Macquarie University Mentors are your personal guides to Macquarie, and they'll be able to provide individual support for you in your first session. All new students can request a Mentor - check mq.edu.au/mentors for more instructions.
Keep across the action!
Discover Macquarie groups and clubs based on your interests and activities. Stay informed about what’s happening on campus – events, gigs, special offers, employment opportunities and more.
Get involved and register on MacSync for your one-stop shop with everything you want in the one place.