Current Postgraduate Students
Information for Current Postgraduate Students
Computing Department Building
As of 21 February 2019, the Department of Computing relocated to Becton Dickinson (BD) Building, 4 Research Park Drive, Macquarie University.
- Department enquiries office is located on 4 Research Park Drive, Level 2, Office 230.
- Computing's Labs are located at 9 Wally's Walk (Level 1 and 2) and 3 Innovation Road
How to Contact a Computing Academic Advisor?
If you would like advice regarding which units to select based on your interests or help you to choose your major/specialisation, please submit a case via the smart sheet. An academic adviser relevant to your degree/major will be able to assist.
If you have questions regarding your degree more broadly or need help with policy and procedure, visit our Faculty Student Centre at 14 Sir Christopher Ondaatje Ave (14SCO) Monday - Friday (9 am - 5 pm).
T: +61 2 9850 6001
Postgraduate Teaching Units, 2020
When will Practical/Tutorial/Workshop classes start in 2020 S1?
1000 Level Units
2000 Level Units
3000 Level Units
4000 Level Units
6000 Level Units
7000 Level Units
8000 Level Units
* Subject to change – check iLearn for updates.
Lab Access for Computing Students, 2020
|9 Wally’s Walk (09 WW)||3 Innovation Road (03 IR) G-220||9 Wally’s Walk (09 WW) Lab 240|
During Semester Term and Exam Period
Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 11 PM
Monday - Sunday: 9 AM - 5 PM
During Semester Term
Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 8:30 PM
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays: No Access
|Students can access when there are classes scheduled.|
9 Wally's Walk Labs:
- Computing Students will have access to 09 Wally's Walk Level 1 labs: 110, 112, 114, 119, 121 and 123 (excluding Lab127)
- Lab127 has login-room specific restrictions. Access is by students during class time only. COMP2150, COMP2160 students will have access to Lab127 during non - class time to work on assignments.
03 Innovation Road Labs:
- Lab access is during class time.
- Postgraduate students and MRes Year 1 students are advised to use these labs during non - class time for their assignments. Visit https://timetables.mq.edu.au/2020/
- Note: Some COMP6xxx units, please use equivalent UG units’ labs
- After the exam period, all labs will be closed for lab maintenance and upgrade.
- All labs are closed between the University shutdown periods: 25th December to 1st January (inclusive).
- Please call Security on Ext. 7112 if the lab is not open as per scheduled opening hours.
The purpose of the committees is to discuss any problems or issues relating to PG Coursework and MRes units and students. These can range from the simple-to-fix (e.g. the tutorial room is too small) to the more general issues which contribute to the greater success of the unit.
Remember that participation in this committee is something that you should be proud to cite on your CV. Those who become actively involved in this process will receive a letter from the Head of the Computing Department formally thanking them for their contribution and commending their efforts to any prospective employers.
***Session 1, 2020 Liaison Meeting - date and time will be advised by Week 3***
Students are also welcome to email the email@example.com for any issues regarding their studies.