Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is all about choice - yours.
You'll find study programs have a strong practical focus, enhanced by the expertise of academics, researchers and industry partners. You'll be spoilt for choice with specialties plentiful and diverse spanning across areas such as ancient, Indigenous and contemporary cultures; languages; media and creative arts; security, intelligence and law.
The faculty offers flexible programs to give you maximum choice and allow you to explore ideas across a wide range of disciplines. As well as access to active and published researchers, award-winning teachers and industry professionals, you'll have the opportunity to connect with employers and communities via internships, work-integrated learning and study abroad experiences.
Our research is gaining global recognition and with two research centres, two museums, and state-of-the-art media facilities. Transform yourself and the world around you.
Are you a current undergraduate student but want to know more?
- Discover the broad range of undergraduate units offered by the Faculty of Arts.
- And don't forget about the major and minors published in the Course Handbook.
- A list of People units and Planet units can also be found in the Handbook. You may be apply for credit for previous study to satisfy the requirements for a People or Planet unit. For more information, please refer to our recognition of prior learning.
- Find out how we can help you to change programs or majors.
Need more? Contact us on the details we've listed below.
Our find a course page allows you to search for tailored postgraduate degrees based on your interests.
- Discover the broad range of postgraduate units offered by the Faculty of Arts.
- And don't forget about the postgraduate specialisations published in the Course Handbook.
Need more or want to talk to us about your program? Contact us on the details we've listed below.
Research training and research degrees
With research consistently ranked ‘at world standard,’ or 'performance above world standard’, we're undertaking research that achieves the highest standards of scholarly excellence, advances knowledge and engages with real world challenges.
Are you interested in continuing your studies or embarking on research to pursue your passion with Macquarie? We offer a range of research training and research degrees in broad interest areas across our faculty. To find out more, contact a researcher in your field of interest to discuss your idea or find out more about applying.
Contact us on the details we've listed below.
Have your say about the Faculty of Arts. You can email us confidential feedback.
If your issue is more complex and you would like to speak to someone confidentially who can advocate for you, contact:
Student Engagement Coordinator
T: +61 (2) 9850 4087
Buidling W6A, Level 1
T: (02) 9850 6410