Enrolment and class registration tips
Here are our top tips to help you with a smooth enrolment and class registration process.
- Not sure what units to enrol in? Check your study plan first:
- Single Degrees – My Study Plan
- Double Degrees
- Combined Bachelor & Masters - refer to the Course Handbook from your year of admission for each course (Bachelor or Master) to view your course structure.
- Does your unit have a pre-requisite? For some units, students must have completed a certain unit or be enrolled in a particular course:
- Check the Handbook
- If you don’t meet the pre-requisites you won’t be able to enrol and will need to apply for a “Special Approval Waiver” via AskMQ.
* Note: if you don't satisfy the listed requirements its likely you are not ready to enrol in this unit, as its designed to be studied later in your course.
- Not sure how to use eStudent? We’ve developed short videos to help guide you through the process.
- As a result of Session 1 results, if your Academic Status moves to Conditional Enrolment, to enrol, you will first need to contact your Faculty Student Centre.
- If you need help planning your enrolment for Session 2 or 3, organise an appointment with your Faculty Academic Adviser sooner rather than later. Don’t leave your enrolment until week 1 or 2 of Session 2!
- If you want to study more than 4 units this session – don’t forget to apply for Credit Overload. If you are an international student and need to study less than 4 units, you will need to apply for a Reduced Study Load.
- Your class registration date and time will be displayed in eStudent but can also be checked on the Enrolment and Class Registration Dates page. Class registration opens up at 9.30am AEST.
- To see what classes you can register in, first check eStudent. If there are no classes available, be patient, faculties release new classes during the enrolment period. You may see a difference between Timetable Viewer and eStudent, this is because some of the classes are kept on hold, due to the faculty monitoring unit enrolment numbers or finalising academic teaching arrangements.
- If you have a timetable clash, please check whether there are alternate classes or other offerings of the unit, e.g. classes at another time of day or evening. During the enrolment period more classes are made available as required. If there is still an issue we suggest you contact your Faculty Student Centre to discuss your options.
- Need a summary of your enrolments and class timetable? You can generate an “Enrolment and registration advice” from eStudent under the ‘My Enrolment’ tab.
Useful websites and tools
What will I find here?
(For single degree students)
Single degree students wanting to see their course structure and if the units are available to study in Session 2 or 3 2021.
Double degree students:
Detailed overview about each unit, including:
Generally available about 1 week before start of session.
Search when classes are scheduled to run for each unit.
Note: not all options may be available in eStudent, either as they are full, or the faculty has put them On Hold and may release them later in the enrolment period.
Your online learning space where you’ll find:
|Unit status in iLearn||Check when your unit will be available in iLearn.|