Selection criteria and other requirements
Students need to meet certain selection criteria and eligibility requirements before they can apply for scholarships. We have provided instructions to help guide you through the different application processes.
Browse the Scholarships tool and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to go to the application form for that scholarship.
- Take note of the opening and closing date and allow yourself plenty of time to apply.
- Read the application instructions and selection criteria carefully and check if the scholarship is open to new or continuing students or both.
- Ensure you address the selection criteria and provide relevant supporting documentation where required.
- Review your application carefully before submitting it.
Macquarie University Undergraduate Scholarship Direct Application
Complete this scholarship application form to be considered for the following undergraduate scholarships:
- Alumni Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to four years (new students)
- Alumni Ani Apcarian Scholarships, $2,500 for one year (only open to new students going into the Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood Education)
- Dunmore Lang College Regional and Rural & Indigenous Incentive Scholarships, fully funded standard room at DLC for up to four years
- Robert Menzies College Accommodation Costs Scholarship, $3,000 reduction of accommodation fees at RMC for one year
Read the full instructions before completing this application form.
Equity Scholarship Application
To be considered for the University’s range of equity scholarships and Commonwealth funded Indigenous Student Success Program scholarships, complete the online equity scholarship form on the at UAC website. Equity Scholarships are assessed on the basis of financial hardship and disadvantage.
Answer the questions on the online form to be considered for all of the following scholarships:
- Macquarie Education Costs Scholarship, $5,456 per year for up to four years (indexed)
- Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship, $10,912 per year for up to four years (indexed)
- Asylum Seeker Scholarship, $5,355 per year for up to four years (indexed)
- ISSP Indigenous Commonwealth Costs Scholarship, $2,727 for one year
- ISSP Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship, $5,456 for one year
Equity scholarships are open to both new and continuing students.
Applications are open now. Macquarie University will be participating in the following rounds of equity scholarship offers for Session 1 2020:
- 13 December 2019
- 24 December 2019
- 24 January 2020
- 6 March 2020
Apply at least two weeks prior to the date of the offer round to be considered for that round. The last date to apply is 21 February 2020
Other donor-funded scholarships have separate application forms. The link to the application form will be published on the scholarships website when applications open or if the scholarship is only open to students in a specific program of study the link will be directly emailed to eligible students.
For some faculty scholarships, there is no separate application required at all, as selection is based on eligible students’ admission application. Successful students would receive an email to let them know if they have been offered one of these scholarships.
Check the individual scholarships for details.
Note: Scholarship offerings are subject to change without notice.
After you apply
After a scholarship closes, the applications are sent to the scholarship selection committee for consideration. Applicants are advised of the outcome by email. If you have applied for an equity scholarship you can log back into the UAC equity scholarship portal after the scholarship round to check the outcome. If you are successful for an equity scholarship you will also receive an email from the University.