The Pin Projects
The Pin Projects
The Pin Projects is a cultural promotion and management agency with a focus on global cultural communications in the fields of contemporary art, design, and architecture. The Pin Projects works closely with cultural partners through every step: funding management, project coordination, event productions, as well as final promotion. The Pin Projects’ aim is to launch International cultural activities, taking on a unique approach and reaching a worldwide audience.
Find more information on The Pin Project website.
Country and Location: Beijing, China
Timing: Winter Vacation (June - July), Session 3 (December - February)
Duration: 6 weeks
General number of students: 6 - 8 students
To preference The Pin Project in your application you must:
- Be able to attend the compulsory pre-departure training
- Understand that there will be a slow-down in business during session 3 activities around the Lunar New Year period (end-January)
*Please note that the unit availability, timing and activities are always subject to change
|Unit||Unit timing||Overseas activity timing||Activity examples|
|MMCS321 or equivalent||Session 2 (after activity)||Winter Vacation||Working with a global arts management agency, you will experience the day to day operations of supporting local and international artists and their exhibitions, conducting art works research and other project coordination.|
|MAS350||Session 1/ Session 2 (after activity)||Session 3/ Winter Vacation||Working with a global arts management agency, you will experience the day to day operations of supporting local and international artists and their exhibitions, conducting art works research and other project coordination.|
|PACE360||Winter Vacation (same time as activity)||Winter Vacation||Working with a global arts management agency, you will experience the day to day operations of supporting local and international artists and their exhibitions, conducting art works research and other project coordination.|
Costs and funding options
Each activity incurs an Activity Cost to cover in-country costs. The Activity Cost is dependant on the location, work requirements, timeframe and duration of your activity. Additional costs, not included in your activity cost, are paid for directly by you. Financial support is available through grant funding.
Covered in Activity Costs
- Pre-departure training
- In-country orientation
- Airport transfers
- travel insurance for activity duration
- Field trips
Not included in activity costs
- International airfares
- Visa (where applicable)
- National Police Checks
- Unit tuition
- Vaccinations (where applicable)
- New/renewed passport (where applicable)
- Personal travel insurance and all related expenses for personal travel and leisure activities
- Incidental living and travel costs (e.g laundry, transport, souvenirs)
There are a range of funding options available to assist you with the associated costs of a PACE International activity. For more information on eligibility and application requirements see the Funding tab on the PACE International website.
Before I apply
- Receive academic advice to see how a PACE International activity will fit into your degree
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements
- View the PACE International information session online or visit one of our drop-in sessions
- Refer to the PACE International essential resources for application tips, example application form and information on ethical volunteering
Phone: +61 2 9850 4473
Make an appointment or attend a drop-in session: If you would like to speak to a PACE International staff member, please email us at email@example.com.