How to Apply
PACE International applications are open to all currently enrolled students at Macquarie University. To be eligible you must:
- Have completed one session at Macquarie University
- Be enrolled – or eligible to enrol - in a PACE unit as listed in the Partner search on the PACE International website
- Hold a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) on or above 60* (LAWS units require a LAWS WAM of 70* or above).
- Be assessed as suitable using the PACE International Selection Criteria
* If you do not hold the minimum required GPA you can apply for special consideration in your application form.
Please note that placements are allocated based on number of places available at the partner organisation, students’ skill set, student preferences and unit requirements. While we aim to place all eligible students, some placements are very limited, and applications will be considered competitively. Please also note that activities and partners are subject to change.
In assessing your suitability, PACE International will review all components of your application including your application form, academic transcript, CV, and referee report. We may also seek advice from your home Faculty, Student Wellbeing, and/or Macquarie International.
If your WAM is under 60 (or under 70 for LAWS), or if your transcript lists Academic Caution or Disciplinary Issues, you will need to complete a special consideration form alongside your application to provide further information.
In some cases, we may require additional information to properly consider your suitability and may invite you to either submit additional supporting documents or to attend an interview with PACE International staff.
Before I apply
- Use the PACE International Partner Search to learn more about our opportunities
- Receive academic advice to see how a PACE International activity will fit into your degree
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements
- View the PACE International information session online or visit one of our drop-in sessions
- Refer to the PACE International essential resources (below) for application tips, example application form and information on ethical volunteering
How do I apply?
- Submit an online application form during the key opening dates and apply through the Current Opportunities page.
- Select your preferences for host organisations (if applicable). Please research our partner organisations before you apply.
- Attach to your online application a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV), your academic transcript and the contact details of your referee
An automatic reference check will be sent to your referee on submission of your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will be notified via email on the outcome of your application.
Application process overview