Practical experience

Macquarie's commitment to employability means we take you outside the lecture theatre and into the heart of your chosen industry.

These days employability is not just about what you know, but increasingly, what you can do and how adaptable you are. Employers are seeking industry-savvy and capable graduates with a diverse skillset. You'll need both technical expertise and transferable skills like communication, critical thinking, problem solving, team work and cross cultural awareness.

That's why we provide a range of innovative programs to build on your academic studies with authentic workplace experience. Our practical experience initiatives provide you the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, gain the skills you'll need to jumpstart your career and get yourself ahead of the pack.

With the help of the PACE program, I've been able to take all the things I'm learning in class and put them into practice in a real workplace. This means when I graduate I won't just have my degree, I'll also have a whole lot of practical experience in my chosen field of study.

• PACE experience

Macquarie’s unique PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program takes you beyond the classroom to participate in real world learning activities with organisations across Australia and around the globe.

• Co-op experience

Macquarie offers an undergraduate co-operative education experience known as Co-op. Participation in the Co-op program improves your employability outcomes and builds your professional networks.

Back to the top of this page