Student Representative Program
Are you interested in enhancing the student learning experience for your unit?
Applications closed for Unit Rep positions for Session 2, 2018. Check back in 2019!
The role of the unit representative is to gain feedback on the unit from other students and communicate it to their unit convenor in two written reports each semester. The program permits timely feedback to convenors on important aspects of their units, including the content, assessment, and teaching.
The benefits of being a Unit Representative
Previous unit reps have said that the role helped them to:
- make friends
- engage with the unit content
- develop leadership skills
Students who successfully complete the program will also be eligible:
- for 10 points of Global Leadership Program experiential credit
- to receive a written reference
- to apply for one of the Department Representative roles. The Department Representatives meet with senior academic staff, including the Executive Dean and the Heads of Departments, to provide feedback on issues important to students
Your grades don’t matter for this role. We are looking for students with good communication skills and the motivation to make a positive impact.
How do I apply?
You can also check your Unit’s iLearn announcements for a link to the application form.
For more information, contact the Student Representative Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org