- Title: Doctor
- Position: Lecturer - Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Qualifications: PhD (Macquarie), BCom(Hons) (Macquarie), CPA
- Ph: (+61-2) 9850 9285
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (+61-2) 9850-8497
- Room: 238, building: E4A
Areas of Expertise
- Financial analysts' earnings forecasts
- Financial reporting
- Disclosure regulation
- CEO turnover
Dr Charlene Chen joined Macquarie University in 2005. Prior to her academic career, Charlene worked in business analysts roles for Telstra and Optus. Charlene's research focuses on financial analysts' earnings forecasts. She also has research interests in financial reporting, disclosure regulation and CEO turnover. Her work has been accepted for publication at Abacus and Accounting Research Journal. She teaches financial accounting and financial statement analysis at undergraduate level.
- Doctor of Philosophy: Accounting (Macquarie University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours): Accounting (Macquarie University)
- 2015-2016 Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Research Grant
- 2011 - Outstanding Paper Award from the Accounting Research Journal for the paper titled "Australian Evidence on the Accuracy of Analysts' Expectations: The Value of Consensus and Timeliness Prior to the Earnings Announcement".
- Choi S. K., Chen X., Wright S. and Wu H. (2014). Analysts Forecasts Following Forced CEO Changes. Abacus, 50(2), 146-173.
- Chen, X. (2010). Australian Evidence on the Accuracy of Analysts' Expectations: The Value of Consensus and Timeliness Prior to the Earnings Announcement. Accounting Research Journal, 23(1), 94-116.
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) of: CPA Australia, Sydney Australia
- Ka Wai (Stanley) Choi (Thesis title: The Role of Enforcement Strategy in Disclosure Regulations)
- Yizhou Zhang (Thesis title: Essays on Financial Analysts' Cash Flow Forecasts in Australia)