Xiaomeng (Charlene) Chen
- Title: Doctor
- Position: Lecturer - Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Qualifications: PhD (Macquarie), BCom(Hons) (Macquarie), CPA
- Ph: (+61-2) 9850 9285
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (+61-2) 9850-8497
- Room: 238, building: E4A
Areas of Expertise
- Financial analysts' earnings forecasts
- Financial reporting
- Disclosure regulation
- Corporate Social Responsibilities
Prior to her academic career, Dr Xiaomeng (Charlene) Chen worked in business analyst role for Telstra and Optus. Charlene's research focuses on financial analysts' earnings forecasts. She also has research interests in financial reporting, disclosure regulation and corporate social responsibilities. Her work has been accepted for publication at Abacus, Accounting and Business Research, and Accounting Research Journal. Charlene’s research has an impact on the national regulator and professional accounting bodies. She was invited to present her research findings at The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), and was recently awarded a research grant from 2016-2017 CPA Australia Global Research Perspective Program. She teaches financial accounting and financial statement analysis at undergraduate level.
- Doctor of Philosophy: Accounting (Macquarie University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours): Accounting (Macquarie University)
- 2016-2018 Early Career Researcher Support Scheme Award in the Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, $10,000
- 2016-2017 CPA Australia Global Research Perspective Program, $15,000
- 2015-2016 Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Research Grant, $2,700
- 2013 - Best Paper Award at the 2013 Macao International Symposium on Accounting and Finance for the paper titled “Responsive Strategy and Corporate Compliance with Disclosure Regulations”
- 2011 - Outstanding Paper Award from the Accounting Research Journal for the paper titled "Australian Evidence on the Accuracy of Analysts' Expectations: The Value of Consensus and Timeliness Prior to the Earnings Announcement".
- Chen, X., S. Wright, and H. Wu. 2018. “Exploration Intensity, Analysts’ Private Information Development and Their Forecast Performance.” Accounting and Business Research 48(1): 77-107.
- Choi, K., X. Chen, S. Wright, and H. Wu. 2014. “Analysts’ Forecasts Following Forced CEO Changes.” Abacus: A Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business Studies 50 (2): 146-173.
- Chen, X. 2010. “Australian Evidence on the Accuracy of Analysts’ Expectations: The Value of Consensus and Timeliness Prior to the Earnings Announcement.” Accounting Research Journal 23 (1): 94-116.
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) of: CPA Australia, Sydney Australia
- Ka Wai (Stanley) Choi (Thesis title: The Role of Enforcement Strategy in Disclosure Regulations; PhD completion in 2015; recipient of Highly Commended Award for Excellence in HDR at Macquarie University)
- Yizhou Zhang (Thesis title: Essays on Financial Analysts' Cash Flow Forecasts in Australia)
- Xiao Liang (Thesis title: Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Constraints: Evidence from China)