Become a peer mentor
Looking for a great leadership experience?
- A great communicator?
- In your third year or later of your degree?
Apply now for Session 1, 2020!
MQBS First STEP (Striving Towards Excellence Program) connects first year students with Academic and peer mentors within the Macquarie University Business School, so students can get some advice from those who have done it all before.
Each peer mentor will be partnered with an Academic mentor. Together you will be assigned to a mentoring group made up of 3-5 first year undergraduate students.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- A chance to differentiate yourself from other graduates
- Develop your leadership abilities and gaining experiences you will find useful to talk about in selection criteria and job interviews.
- Meet new people and enhance your mentoring skills.
- Opportunities to network with fellow peer mentors and Academics across the Faculty.
- Receive a Certificate of Participation from the Executive Dean.
- After completion of 2 sessions as a peer mentor and satisfying the relevant criteria, recognition will be given on the AHEGS statement upon graduation.
- Under the GLP Program you can apply for credit by using the following reference: "UG - GL X32 Serving as a Mate in the "Meet a Mate at Mac" Program or as a Mentor in the FBE First STEP Program 1 semester or more."
- Participate in a 2 hour training session and review program materials on iLearn.
- Lead your group at the launch event to be held during Week 2 of Session.
- Organise 3 meetings for your mentees with their Academic mentor
- Organise and attend 2 x 1 hour social meetings with your group
- Attend 2 out of 3 social events ( including a Careers Workshop) hosted by the First STEP team
- Communicate by email as required
- In total this requires a commitment of 10-15 hours throughout the session.
Phone: 02 9850 4816