Participating in Colloquia (workshops) will equip you with the knowledge, skills and networks to influence positive global and social change.
Students will attend ten colloquia over the course of their undergraduate studies.
These interactive three-hour workshops at Macquarie enable you to:
- hear expert presentations on critical international and professional topics
- participate in discussion and debate on the issues raised by our expert conveners
- take part in group activities with students from all different disciplines
- undertake individual reflection on how the topics and knowledge relates to you
- gain unmatched access to the knowledge and insight of industry leaders, including distinguished Macquarie academics, external consultants and NGO staff members
- further your understanding of important global issues by discussing and debating climate change, poverty and social inequality, global population growth and Indigenous rights with like-minded GLP students
- turn your passion into action by developing innovative, entrepreneurial solutions to some of the world’s most pressing problems
- build your practical skills in leadership, public speaking, design thinking, ethical decision making and cross-cultural negotiations
What you need to know
- You will attend ten colloquia over the course of your undergraduate studies at Macquarie
- These ten colloquia include three core and seven electives
- No prior knowledge is required! You won’t be asked to complete any pre-reading or assessment for colloquia
To register for colloquia, or to view your GLP enrolment history, log into Thrive.
Sample Colloquia Topics
Cross Cultural Understanding
Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies, Macquarie University
Meredith Turnbull, Consultant
Beyond Borders: The Responsibilities of a Global Citizen
A Nuclear World – For Good or Evil?
|Department of Physics and Astronomy, Macquarie University|