The GLP Think Tank Series will help you to gain an unparalleled insight into global challenges through a diverse range of interactive, 3-hour workshops held on Macquarie’s North Ryde campus.
To successfully complete the GLP program you need to attend 6 Think Tanks over the course of your studies. Each Think Tank has a compulsory pre-reading that you must complete beforehand.
The GLP Think Tanks will enable you to:
- Gain unmatched access to the knowledge and insight of industry leaders, including distinguished Macquarie academics, external consultants and NGO staff members.
- Make informed arguments about important global issues. Discuss and debate climate change, poverty and social inequality, gender economics and Indigenous rights with like-minded GLP students.
- Turn your passion into action. Develop innovative, entrepreneurial solutions to the some of the world’s most pressing problems.
- Build professional skills in leadership, international business negotiations and cross-cultural communication.
Previous Think Tank topics have included:
- The Role of Business in Delivering the UN SDGs
- Microfinance in the context of leadership, inequality and financial exclusion
- Believe Me When I Tell You: High Impact Public Speaking for the Modern Leader
- International Humanitarian Law