Macquarie’s postgraduate GLP enables you to develop your understanding of international issues with like-minded leaders from a range of academic disciplines.
It equips you with the skills to become a responsible global citizen. The postgraduate GLP challenges students to take a leadership role on the world’s most compelling issues and be a force for positive change.
The postgraduate GLP allows you to:
- develop and apply your skills in cross-cultural negotiation through a diverse range of activities
- expand your professional networks to leaders from across the University and beyond
- broaden your knowledge on today’s pressing global issues
- gain practical experience in developing lasting solutions to current global challenges.
Completion of the postgraduate GLP requires:
- participation in a cross cultural practicum
- attendance at approved seminars
- attendance at six think tanks.
You may also choose to attend the Innovative Leaders Series.
Attend six Think Tanks to discuss and debate contemporary global issues, facilitated by specialists in their fields.
Cross Cultural Practicum
Gain first-hand experience in applying your intercultural communication skills in a range of settings by completing a self-designed program of activities for your Cross Cultural Practicum.
Explore a range of international issues with leading researchers and academics. Choose from a range of internationally-focused seminars like the GLP’s own Foreign Affairs Series or an externally run event such as a lecture at the Lowy Institute or a seminar at the Australian Institute of International Affairs.
Innovative Leaders Series
The Innovative Leaders Series gives you access to genuinely pioneering, innovative leaders who will inspire and inform you. This bi-annual event allows you to network with fellow students, academics and industry professionals.
The Innovative leaders series is an optional event and will appear on your GLP transcript if you opt to attend, as many times as you do attend.
What you need to know
- All currently enrolled Macquarie postgraduate (including HDR) students undertaking study for an award are eligible to join GLP
- You can find out more by attending a welcome session at the start of any session, after which you can log in to Thrive to download the GLP Guidebook
- To begin your leadership journey, register for the postgraduate GLP on Thrive using your OneID and password
Postgraduate students can apply for the GLP online.