The postgraduate GLP will equip you with the skills to become a responsible global citizen. It will challenge you to demonstrate leadership on the world’s most compelling issues, and will inspire you to be a force for positive change.
Macquarie’s postgraduate GLP will develop your understanding of international issues alongside like-minded leaders from a range of academic disciplines.
With the postgraduate GLP you will:
- Develop and apply your skills in cross-cultural negotiation through a diverse range of activities
- Expand your professional networks via access to leaders from across the University and beyond
- Broaden your knowledge on today’s pressing global issues
- Gain practical experience in developing lasting solutions to current global challenges
To complete the postgraduate GLP you will:
- Attend six think tanks
- Complete a cross cultural practicum
- Attend two approved seminars each session
- Have the opportunity to attend a range of exclusive on-campus keynote speakers events including the bi-annual Innovative Leaders Series, as well as a range of GLP events and cultural tours
Attend six Think Tanks to discuss and debate contemporary global issues, facilitated by specialists in their fields.
Cross Cultural Practicum
Gain first-hand experience in applying your intercultural communication skills in a range of settings by completing a self-designed program of activities for your Cross Cultural Practicum.
Explore a range of international issues with leading researchers and academics. Choose from a range of internationally-focused seminars like the GLP’s own Foreign Affairs Series or an externally run event such as a lecture at the Lowy Institute or a seminar at the Australian Institute of International Affairs.
Innovative Leaders Series
The Innovative Leaders Series gives you access to genuinely pioneering, innovative leaders who will inspire and inform you. This bi-annual event allows you to network with fellow students, academics and industry professionals.
The Innovative leaders series is an optional event and will appear on your GLP transcript if you opt to attend, as many times as you do attend.
What you need to know
- All currently enrolled Macquarie postgraduate (including HDR) students undertaking study for an award are eligible to join GLP
- You can find out more by attending a welcome session at the start of any session, after which you can log in to Thrive to download the GLP Guidebook
- To begin your leadership journey, register for the postgraduate GLP on Thrive using your OneID and password
Postgraduate students can register for the GLP online.