Global Leadership Symposium Series - Canberra
Explore the ideas and debates that shape Australia's national and international agendas with leading policy-makers, diplomats and global experts.
- Discuss democracy, Twitter diplomacy and election campaigns with ABC journalists at the forefront of political reporting in Parliament House.
- Gain insight into foreign policy and the daily life of a diplomat during private briefings at embassies.
- Visit Australia’s key landmarks, such as, the National Art Gallery, Museum and War Memorial.
- Network with like-minded Macquarie students, industry experts and international leaders.
- Earn 20 experiential credit points (undergraduate), 1 domestic conference for your Cross Cultural Practicum (postgraduate) or the meet the requirements of your GLP approved event (study abroad & exchange).
- Coach transport to and from Canberra
- Twin share accommodation in serviced apartments close to shops, cafes and bars
- Most meals
- All briefings, seminars and visits
- All entrance fees for included sightseeing activities
How can I apply?
The Canberra Symposium usually runs in Session 1 and Session 2. GLP students are notified via email when applications open.
Applications are also open to all Macquarie University students.
The GLP is looking for applicants who will:
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in engaging with Australian politics, culture and diplomacy and furthering their understanding of Australia’s national and international agendas;
- Contribute to considered, respectful and open inquiry and dialogue in visits, briefings and group discussions;
- Contribute to a positive team environment; and
- Attend and contribute to pre-departure activities.
I really loved that there’s something for everyone in this symposium – both for those seeking a career in diplomacy and for those interested in animal conservation, climate change, art, history, media, social justice and psychology.
Perri Reynolds, Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Laws