Global Leadership Program
How do you make an impact in an ever-changing world full of complex issues? Macquarie University’s multi-award-winning Global Leadership Program (GLP) provides the tools you need to stay up-to-date and become socially and culturally aware.
Open to all Macquarie students, the GLP is a co-curricular program that can be undertaken alongside any course at Macquarie. With a focus on cross-cultural understanding, leadership, international issues, innovation, and entrepreneurship the GLP provides you with the knowledge, skills and networks you’ll need to advance in your professional and personal lives.
Organised into three distinct engagement streams, the GLP offers a range of interdisciplinary workshops and facilitated or self-directed practical experiences to fit around your academic timetable and geared towards your professional interests and aspirations. These workshops provide robust discussions, peer to peer learning, and access to expert insight on global challenges for all Macquarie Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Exchange or Study Abroad students.
By exploring new topic areas and engaging in global issues, GLP helps to connect you with other students outside of your study discipline and develop the skills, awareness, and intercultural competence needed to become a conscious global leader and citizen.
What students say:
- Ability to work and communicate in cross-cultural settings
- Sense of belonging at Macquarie University and the wider community
- Application and development of practical skills
- Informed future direction
- Networking and connecting with others
- Development of leadership skills
- The motivation to achieve
The GLP aims to develop student’s understanding and critical thinking about global and local issues, and the interconnected nature of different countries in an increasingly globalised world. It also supports socio-emotional learning by building a sense of belonging to a global community, cultivating a respect and curiosity for differences and diversity. This often encourages students to participate effectively and responsibly at local, national and global levels for a more peaceful and sustainable world.
The Global Leadership Program is open to all full-degree students and we encourage everyone who is interested to join.
How to sign up:
- Register on GLP’s online platform – Thrive
- Use your Student ID and password to login
- Fill in your details
- Register for a compulsory Welcome Session
- Attend the Welcome Session and you are part of the program!
If you complete both program requirements of the Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Global Leadership Certificate the GLP will be listed on:
- your Macquarie University Academic Transcript
- your Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS)
The GLP will also supply you with the following documentation:
- a letter of recommendation you can use to help gain employment
- a certificate of achievement
- a transcript of all your GLP activities
Add an extra dimension to your University degree with the GLP Undergraduate program.
Build upon your skills and experiences with the postgraduate GLP program.
Study Abroad and Exchange GLP Certificate
Enrich your international experience in Australia with the Global Leadership Program Certificate.
Have a question about how the Global Leadership Program can work for you? Contact us for more information.