Univative Sydney 2020
Macquarie University is looking for bright and enthusiastic students A.K.A. Univators to come together and combine brain power, to solve real business challenges for local organisations.
Program Overview & Purpose
Supported by Study NSW and Nagcas, Univative Sydney is a unique inter-university, inter-discipline, inter-cultural student employability program where student teams devise innovative solutions for genuine problems posed by industries and communities.
Since 2011, 1076 students, 188 teams from 8 universities have joined forces with 33 organisations to tackle real world challenges with refreshing approaches.
Univative Sydney 2020 is presented to you by 9 universities- the Australian Catholic University, Central Queensland University (Sydney campus), Macquarie University, Southern Cross University, the University of New South Wales, The University of Notre Dame, University of Technology Sydney, The University of Wollongong and Western Sydney University.
As a student participant, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team on a project for 4 weeks during winter 2020 (end of June to end of July) and compete with teams of students from other participating universities.
Previous project hosts included:
- Salvos Legal
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- ... and many more
Availability & Key Dates
Please ensure you have full availability to participate in the program. All of the below dates and activities are COMPULSORY.
- End of April: Applications open
- May 25th: Applications close
- May 26th-27th: Student selection process
- 3rd June, 12.00-1.00pm: Macquarie University meet and greet (you will meet your team members and the Careers Team)
- 26th June: Univative Sydney 2020 virtual launch (via Zoom), 10am to 2.30pm. (You will receive your project's reading materials and additional training on presentations and report-writing.)
- 29th June: Virtual onsite briefing (You will meet your host organisation and receive your project brief via Zoom)
- July will involve mandatory weekly rehearsals (dates to be confirmed) for all teams to practice their presentations and ask questions. Two hours in duration via Zoom.
- Approximately 13th July (date to be confirmed): Virtual mid-point check with host organisations and students
- 22nd July (5pm) Written reports due to project hosts
- 23rd July: Recorded videos due to host organisations
- 24th July: Virtual grand finale - penal judging, Q&A and awards ceremony
- 31st July: Hosts to provide student feedback
- August: Debrief and feedback
Reward & Recognition
Each team will be partnered with a project host (employer) and will compete against at least 2 other student teams from different universities. Each project host will select a winning team to be announced at the Awards Ceremony. All Univators will receive a Certificate of Participation and can opt in to receive AHEGS recognition.
Ultimately, your Univative experience will enhance the quality of your job applications and will give you the opportunity to connect with prospective employers, thus building upon your career network.
There is also potential for students to seek approval to recognize Univative as their PACE activity. Subject to unit covenor and PACE approval.
Eligible students will meet the following selection criteria:
- Must be a current Macquarie University student (undergrad or postgrad level, local or international), ideally in their penultimate or final year
- Must have completed at least 1 semester of study at Macquarie University and have at least 1 remaining semester of study
- Must be available to commit to all Univative related events, including the launch, training sessions, final presentation and closing event (further dates and details will be provided)
- Must be available to commit to weekly scheduled team meetings to progress with the project and be available during the winter break 2020
- Must be an active participant in the program.
NB: Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday, 25th May 2020.
If you have any questions about Univative Sydney 2020, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org