Univative Sydney 2020
Macquarie University is looking for bright and enthusiastic students A.K.A. Univators to come together and combine brain power, to solve real business challenges for local organisations.
Program Overview & Purpose
Supported by Study NSW and Nagcas, Univative Sydney is a unique inter-university, inter-discipline, inter-cultural student employability program where student teams devise innovative solutions for genuine problems posed by industries and communities.
Since 2011, 1076 students, 188 teams from 8 universities have joined forces with 33 organisations to tackle real world challenges with refreshing approaches.
Univative Sydney 2020 is presented to you by 9 universities- the Australian Catholic University, Central Queensland University (Sydney campus), Macquarie University, Southern Cross University, the University of New South Wales, The University of Notre Dame, University of Technology Sydney, The University of Wollongong and Western Sydney University.
As a student participant, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team on a project for 4 weeks during winter 2020 (end of June to end of July) and compete with teams of students from other participating universities.
Previous project hosts included:
- Salvos Legal
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- ... and many more
Availability & Key Dates
Please ensure you have full availability to participate in the program. All of the below dates and activities are COMPULSORY.
- 2nd March: Applications open on CareerHub
- 15th May: Applications close
- May 16th-22nd: Student selection process
- 28th OR 29th May, 12.30-1.30pm: Univative Macquarie University launch event
- 26th June: Univative Sydney 2020 launch, 10am to 2.30pm. (You will receive your project's reading materials and additional training on presentations and report-writing)
- 29th June: Onsite briefing (You will visit the employer's offices and receive your project brief)
- July will involve mandatory weekly rehearsals (every Tuesday) for all teams to practice their presentations and ask questions.
- 13th July: Onsite mid-point check with host organisations and students
- 21st July (5pm): Written reports due to project hosts
- 24th July: Grand finale - presentations, awards ceremony and reception, hosted at UTS
- 31st July: Hosts to provide student feedback
- August: Debrief and feedback with MQ Career and Employment team
Reward & Recognition
Each team will be partnered with a project host (employer) and will compete against at least 2 other student teams from different universities. Each project host will select a winning team to be announced at the Awards Ceremony. All Univators will receive a Certificate of Participation and can opt in to receive AHEGS recognition.
Ultimately, your Univative experience will enhance the quality of your job applications and will give you the opportunity to connect with prospective employers, thus building upon your career network.
Eligible students will meet the following selection criteria:
- Must be a current Macquarie University student (undergrad or postgrad level, local or international), ideally in their penultimate or final year
- Must have completed at least 1 semester of study at Macquarie University and have at least 1 remaining semester of study
- Must be available to commit to all Univative related events, including the launch, training sessions, final presentation and closing event (further dates and details will be provided)
- Must be available to commit to weekly scheduled team meetings to progress with the project and be available during the winter break 2020
- Must be an active participant in the program
NB: Applications close at 11.59pm on Friday, 15th May 2020.
Please note: If the Register button is not taking you to the CareerHub form directly, please log in to CareerHub, then click on 'Forms' on the top, then look for 'Application: Univative Sydney 2020'. We are currently working on fixing the Register button.
If you have any questions about Univative Sydney 2020, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org