Create Your Future 2019 Links & Resources
Bookmark this page so that you can always locate the essential links and resources for Create Your Future 2019.
- Below you will find a pdf copy of your workbook with links to activities that will assist with your learning and development in each key area.
- Scroll down to find online activities to be completed by students who are working towards achieving their Create Your Future 2019 Employability Award.
- Workshop content that has been shared with me will be uploaded on this page.
- Career Coaching appointments can be made by clicking on the link below.
- Click here for general program information including dates and locations.
Create Your Future 2019 Employability Award requirements must be completed by Wednesday 8 May.
Create Your Future 2019 Employability Award requirements
You can achieve a Create Your Future 2019 Employability Award by completing the following by Wednesday 8 May:
- Attending 3 interactive workshops - presented by the Career and Employment Service and industry experts
- Attending 1 Careers Week event - take a selfie to show that you were there
- Completing 3 online activities
- Attending 1 Career Coaching session
Workshop and event dates, times & locations
Wednesday 6 March, 2:00pm - 4:00pm, Room 801, 12 Wally's Walk
Workshop 1 – Program Launch + Networking Made Easy
Find out about the program and meet the other participants.
The Frank Team will present a highly interactive workshop on honing your face to face communication skills:
Creating an elevator pitch
Getting clear on what networking is and isn't
Creating a networking plan
THIS IS ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR WORKSHOPS!
CAREERS WEEK – 11 - 15 March
Monday 11 March - Successful Start-Ups Workshop
Tuesday 12 March - Volunteering Opportunities Expo
Wednesday 13 March - Careers and Applications in Media and Communications
Thursday 14 March - Careers Fair
Your Potential with an Arts Degree - Panel and Discussion
Friday 15 March - Job Search for international students
Wednesday 20 March, 2:00pm - 4:00pm, Room 407, 18 Wally's Walk
Workshop 2 - Career Exploration and Job Search options
How to research careers and employers and find options that will be a good fit.
Explore the many ways and places to search for jobs.
Wednesday 27 March, 2:00pm - 4:00pm, Room 801, 12 Wally's Walk
Workshop 3 – Resumes and Interviews
Guest presenters, recruitments specialists from Sthree will present on resumes. Sthree are a staffing organisation with a wealth of experience in recruitment. They specialise in staffing for Banking, Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, IT and Oil & Gas.
Guest presenter, Rowena Ditzell, will present on interview skills. Rowena has over 20 years experience working for a number of well-known Bluechip Multinationals including Campbell Arnott's, Unilever and Coca-Cola Australia.
Wednesday 3 April, 2:00pm – 4:00pm, The Incubator, 8 Hadenfeld Avenue
Workshop 4 – Assessment Centres + Personal Branding
Demystifying Assessment Centres - participate in assessment centre activities and share feedback.
How to make a great first impression via Linkedin, professional presentation and etiquette.
Guest presenter, Rowena Ditzell, will present on personal branding. Rowena has over 20 years experience working for a number of well-known Bluechip Multinationals including Campbell Arnott's, Unilever and Coca-Cola Australia.
Wednesday 8 May, 1:00pm – 2:00pm, Room 801, 12 Wally's Walk
Celebrate completion of your Create Your Future Employability Award; have lunch with other participants and receive your gift.
Complete 3 online activities to fulfil the requirements of the Create Your Future 2019 Employability Award.
Select the activities that will be of most benefit to you. Remember to save any results or documents that are created as part of these activities, the majority of activities will save automatically within MyMQ Career Zone.
Resumes + Interviews:
- Career exploration
- Career planning - how to get started in your career
- Networking tips and preparation
- How to research an organisation (e.g. research techniques, applying information to your application/interview)
- Job search tips & assistance (e.g. search techniques, useful search engines, tips and hints)
- Getting experience (e.g. find part time, casual, full time, volunteering, internships etc)
- Resumes and cover letters
- Interview tips and preparation
- Advice on a specific job (e.g. accepting an offer, contract advice, insurance advice, business etiquette)
To book your coaching session CLICK HERE
- Click on a date showing appointments available (Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday and Thursday mornings for Create Your Future 2019 - Career Coaching).
- Click on Create Your Future 2019 - Career Coaching (45 mins) to book in
- Provide details on anything you would like to discuss – the more information you provide the more value you will gain from the session.
- Bring your Career Planner
If you are unavailable at the scheduled times, please email me to arrange an alternative. Don’t leave it too late to book your appointment as you might miss out.