Preparing for an interview
Always remember that interviews are a two-way process. Interviews enable an employer to learn about you: your personality, social skills, potential and whether you fit their organisation. Interviews also give you a chance to find out more about the organisation and role, and to assess on how this opportunity will help you reach your career goals.
It is unlikely you will get a job without being interviewed formally or informally.
Improve your interview skills
If you are preparing for an upcoming job interview, you should:
- Visit My MQ Career Zone through your CareerHub account for comprehensive information on interviewing
- Review the interview resources on My MQ Career Zone and follow the links there to the interview simulator on MyMQ Career Zone
- Watch a Lynda.com tutorial on "Master Common Interview Questions"
- Register for an Interviewing Workshop during the semester to increase your confidence and learn about what employers are looking for
- Book into a one-on-one mock interview to refine your interview technique through CareerHub.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Career and Employment Service.