Preparing for an interview
Always remember that interviews are a two-way process. Interviews enable an employer to learn about you: your personality, social skills, potential and whether you fit their organisation. Interviews also give you a chance to find out more about the organisation and role, and to assess on how this opportunity will help you reach your career goals.
It is unlikely you will get a job without being interviewed formally or informally.
Improve your interview skills
If you are preparing for an upcoming job interview, you should:
- Review the interview resources on CareerWise
- Watch a Lynda.com tutorial on "Master Common Interview Questions"
- Register for an Interviewing Workshop during the semester to increase your confidence and learn about what employers are looking for
- Practice your video interviewing skills by registering with Interview Stream. Use your student email address to get free access to over 7,000 sample interview questions and use them to practise taking tailor-made interviews in front of a web cam. InterviewStream is a great website to practise your technique at your own pace.
- Book into a one-on-one mock interview to refine your interview technique through CareerHub.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Career and Employment Service.